• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom iPad storage

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping we can all start traveling this summer and I would like your help with my iPad. I’m using a iPad Pro 12.9” with Photoshop & Lightroom mobile and I’m using it while traveling and upload my images to Lightroom. Lightroom now shows 178 gb of the iPads storage used. My old 9.7” iPad Pro with Lightroom synced shows only 35gb of storage used   Once the iPad is synced are the full size images   removed from the 12.9” iPad to the cloud? If not how do you remove the images and control the iPads storage and only have smart preview on the iPad? I have a limited amount of storage on my iPad and 1tb on Creative Cloud.

Lewis Rogers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Lightroom iOS app settings, go to Settings > Cloud Storage & Sync, and enable "Only Download Smart Previews"

To ensure you have images always available for edit, add them to an album that has Store Locally enabled.  With the setting above "Only Download Smart Previews" enabled, Lightroom will download from cloud storage only smart previews.  After syncing the album, Store Locally allows you to view and edit images later even when offline.

To free up space on your device, go to LR's Settings > Local Storage, and tap on Clear Cache.  Lightroom is not agressive above clearing cache automatically until you get very low on disk space.

When you import new images, the originals will live in the app cache until you've had a chance to go online and sync them up to your paid LR cloud storage.  Once synced, if the images reside in an album with Store Locally enabled, you should see the smart preview is retained for offline use.  

I hope this helps a bit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines