• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom/Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone recommend Lightroom over Lightroom Classic or vice versa please?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For most people Lightroom Classic is what you want. For some Lightroom Cloudy is it. Thing to realize is that Lightroom Cloudy is basically a port of the mobile operating system (iOS or Android) version of Lightroom to the Desktop. Lightroom Cloudy misses numerous features that one expects from Lightroom such as ability to print, virtual copies, easy sharing through publish services and such, hierarchical keywords, ability to choose which images are uploaded to the cloud (Lightroom cloudy always uploads everything), etc. etc. etc etc.. Too numerous to list here. However Lightroom Cloudy has one extremely useful feature which is that wherever you log onto your Adobe account, you will see the same images and be able to edit them. That is a very useful feature so you have to weigh that vs the absence of all the other features. 

I use both Classic and Cloudy. To do that you need to know what you are doing but it is the best of both worlds in my opinion. I carry a iPad mini on travel and import my images to it. WHen I get home, they all show up fully downloaded and edited in Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's really helpful.  Finding classic a bit too busy at the moment but will persevere.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is "Horses for Courses!"

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines