• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile 7.5.0 not recognizing Sony ARW files for auto-import (Android)

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Mobile 7.5.0 on Android 13, Auto-Import does not recognize Sony ARW raw file format.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

Thanks for highlighting this. Would you mind sharing a file with us? Try importing them manually or through Lightroom Web ( https://lightroom.adobe.com/) and let us know if they get imported. Where are the images located? Are they on the same folder in which auto-import is enabled? Have you tried signing out and signing back in or re-installing the application?

We will wait to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello, thanks for the advice. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and logging in again.

Through additional troubleshooting, I determined that the problem lies with what file names are recognized by Lightroom Mobile as image files. My Sony A7iii camera takes photos in AdobeRGB colorspace and names those files separately from sRGB colorspace files by adding an underscore "_" in front of the file name. If I rename the file manually on my device, removing the underscore, Lightroom recognizes the file and auto-imports it successfully. Also worth noting, an Auto-Import directory will not be detected by Lightroom if it contains only images with the underscore before their name.

Thank you,
Charles Pope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines