• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile storing album locally does not seem to work

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now all 3 of my mobile devices have stopped storing albums locally - the pending counters stay same (overnight). I have so far attempted:

- remove the stuff in 'syncing problems' in https://lightroom.adobe.com/ 

- force restart apps

LR Classic 10 on desktop on the other hand gets the latest mobile uploads just fine so the problem is only in one direction.

Two of the three mobile devices were actually installed from backup over the weekend, so nothing old remaining (except if backup had something - but I had to start from scratch by logging in etc). The last one USED to have working local sync, but it is now also at '6281 pending'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the desktop Classic *seems* to be also stuck, with "Syncing 436 photos" overnight. However, it DID get the most recent mobile uploads I did last evening so go figure..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rejected 2 photos on desktop -> it was momentarily 438 photos, and then now once more "Syncing 436 photos". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markus

Sorry for the troubles, this will be fixed in our next releases, which is weeks away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least with the fresh 10.1 on the desktop + whatever was the most recent version on IOS that was updated recently, the behavior is still same. Mobile devices are still stuck at ~10k 'Storing Album Locally' and desktop few hundred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markus

Did Lightroom Classic finish syncing?   If not, getting that fixed that may help Lightroom Mobile sync more smoothly.  If your desktop Classic app is still stuck, we'll get help to sort that out.

Another thing I wonder re-reading this thread: how much free space is on your device?  Even when configuring Lightroom Mobile to only download proxy images instead of original images, with 10,000 files this can still take lots of storage on a device.  

I'm just curious -- is there a reason for enabling Store Locally on Lightroom Mobile, versus simply allowing the mobile app access files in the cloud when needed, "on demand?"  Do you need to be able to edit thousands of photos while your mobile internet access is offline? 

Unlike Lightroom Classic which only syncs specific folders you choose to cloud storage, Lightroom Mobile will always sync all files that are uploaded to your cloud storage.  To minimize device storage used, the mobile app only download what it needs to as you navigate around your account (small thumbs for grid views, large thumbs when walking from image to image, proxies from Classic you have chosen to sync, and proxies or originals from other LR Mobile apps that will always sync). In case it helps, I just wanted to be clear that Lightroom Mobile doesn't need or expect all files to exist locally the same way Classic does.  As long as your Lightroom Mobile device has internet access, accessing images in your cloud storage to edit, organize, and share should be as smooth as if the original files are already on your mobile device.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have relatively large mobile devices (e.g. 256GB+ storage and usually most of it available too). So I usually rather make everything I might want to edit or show someone available offline as showing images from cloud with variable mobile connectivity introduces lag or potentially no picture at all (e.g. airplane, although this year it is not so common problem as no long-distance travel) and no extra benefit compared to just editing/showing local smart previews and syncing them with high-bandwidth wifi. That worked fine until LR Classic 10 and corresponding IOS versions.

LR Classic has been now stuck at 'Syncing 336 photos' for a day. The number varies, but always stays stuck, restarting app doesn't help, and 'Sync Activity' just shows as all of those pictures being uploaded while there is no network traffic and nothing going on. Sync Details/Errors column is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Markus, 

I will try to get someone who knows more about unblocking Classic sync to help here.  Also, thanks for your notes about Store Locally usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines