• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile v7.3.3 (iPad) JPGs Exports Get Strange Lines

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export JPGs in Lightroom on my iPad Pro they get ugly little lines. My DNGs look fine (Leica SL2s).

Lightroom V 7.3.3 (iPad 2021 pro)

IMG_0411.jpgIMG_0412.jpgIMG_0409.jpg

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm the version of the iPad OS you are working? Does the issue appear with JPEG copies of the Leica SL2s, or do all exports behave similarly?

Could you please share a screenshot of the options you used during the export?

Lightroom Mobile (iOS) 7.4.1 is available for devices running on iOS 14 & later. Please check & update Lightroom from the Appstore.

Let us know if the issue persists after updating too.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your answer. I updated Lightroom and it still happens also with files from other cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

do you see this only on images that you have edited or does it also include unedited images?
When you mention "other cameras", does it mean that these images are also raw images?
Btw how does your More options look like?

One more question, when you export the images, are you using Smart Preview or Original?
You can see this by tapping on the cloud icon when in Loupe.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are also raw images (DNG) and it happens also with unedited photos. I just tested some stuff and now I discovered that the strange lines only appear when I export the images to any specific folder on my iPad but when I export directly into the standard directory "photos" the lines do not appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further investigation I realized it is not a Lightroom issue but an iOS (iPad) issue. The JPEG viewer for image files from external drives seems to downgrade the image previews for those types of files. Which is strange because large Tiff files are displayed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know.

Normally a thumbnail is smaller and depending on the compression it may lose a lot of information (TIFF being uncompressed). What kind of external drive are you using?
Is it Win/Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines