Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile won‘t install with children’s Apple ID

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lightroom mobile fails to install on my 12 year old son's iPad. He has an Apple child account. The App Store app states that it won't install due to restrictions - however, Lightroom is marked as age 12+ and my son is 12 years old... So where is the problem?

Thank you,

Thomas.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Problem solved - the age restriction settings in screen time were set to 6 years for Apps. Whereever this setting came from - I didn't do it by intention. Set to 12 years and installation worked fine.

Cheers,

Thomas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lightroom iOS app doesn't handle anything related to the App Store.

Since you are mentioning child account, has the parent/guardian allowed the install of the app?
The parent/guardian needs to enter the child's profile in the Family settings.

What does the error message say exactly? A screen shot would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio,

thanks for responding. I'm aware of the concept of Apple's children accounts. In this case the install button is greyed out, so I can't even trigger a request to allow the install. See screenshot. The message on top means "This app cannot be loaded due to restrictions on this device.".

I guess I need to ask Apple for support here...?

Best,

Thomas.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-09 um 20.24.43.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I need to ask Apple for support here...?

Yes, since that screenshot showing the issue is from the Apple App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, will do. I don't know how much control software developers have about these restrictions in the App Store.

Cheers,

Thomas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this sort of thing is really annoying, as you can't seem to bypass it for one app (that you have checked yourself and deemed suitable for your child). 

I've not idea why Lightroom is a 12+ app though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also wondered why it is 12+. Does Apple do this categorization, or is this done by the developer?

Photoshop is 4+, by the way...

Does 12+ mean "from 13 on" or does it include 12 year old kids? If the first, then it's clear why it doesn't work here - my son is 12 years old.

Best, Thomas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved - the age restriction settings in screen time were set to 6 years for Apps. Whereever this setting came from - I didn't do it by intention. Set to 12 years and installation worked fine.

Cheers,

Thomas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines