• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not deleting photos/taking forever to delete

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just updated to lightroom version 6.0 - not liking how its all cloud based btw.

But i'm running into a problem where i am trying to delete multiple photos and they sit there dark gray and never delete. I would restart the program and could delete a few one at a time and then if i did more than like 3 after a few deletions it will again sit there in gray. After program restart and computer restart.

have never had this issue in the past and worked perfect before the update. pretty annoying as i am behind on galleries that i need to send out, and the photos wont delete!!

please help if you know a setting or how to fix this!

Computer trash bin is empty, no it will not let me empty the deleted photos on lightroom, my icloud is full.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll help you figure this out. Deleted images from Lightroom are not permanently deleted. Images go to the deleted section and stay there for 60 days unless you permanently delete them. Please review and ensure that you wish to delete these images. If they are permanently deleted, it is irreversible.

Have you tried deleting images one at a time, or does it still grey out when deleting in a batch? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

In Adobe Lightroom, please share the screenshot of the following options from Preferences.

SameerK_0-1670872154356.png

You can pause the sync temporarily & then delete images & then enable sync again.

If this does not help, please log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check the current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

SameerK_2-1670872154782.png

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web.

You can delete photos on the Lightroom Web and let us know the results.

Thanks,

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.12.30 PM.png

Here is the screen shot from what it looks like on my end in this section. 

Yes my deleted photos i want gone, i accessed it on the web on that link and deleted the photos in my deleted photos section and it worked on the web and then showed on my program.

I just paused the sync on my program because it looks like this (but it always has before this problem), but i paused it within the program not on the web with the link you sent as i cant find the sync area on the web as it looks like this.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.30.15 PM.png

but after the deletion of all the photos i am trying to delete from photos i had imported and they still just sit gray.

yes i can delete 1 at a time after restarting program, but only for a few minutes and then it'll get stuck gray and not delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i actually restarted the program since doing that ^^ and its been deleting normally now for a while, so i think we are good! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing this. Good to know there are no sync issues on the cloud & everything else also looks stable. They are the result of any changes that are pending to be synced to the cloud.

It could have been a momentary lag/freeze between Lightroom desktop & Lightroom on the Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines