• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not saving edits

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into an issue where I edit photos in detail mode, sometimes using batch edit (cmd+shift+c/cmd+v), and after some time, I'll look back at the previous photos I edited, and the edits are gone. Ie. They are all back at the default values.

When I try to edit it again, it looks like it saves okay, but then I'll check back at the photo 30 minutes later, and it will be back to the original default values, like all 0s. I do notice the cloud icon continuously trying to sync. It never stops though, even with a small number of photos like "3 photos syncing".

The closest related issue I've found in this forum is here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/lightroom-not-saving-chan... 

But this doesn't really help me, since I want to keep working in Lightroom, not exit it. Also, the issue happens while I am working in Lightroom.

I'm using: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom version 4.4. My OS is Mojave version 10.14.6.

Anyone know a fix for this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I can check back on the photo immediately and its back to its original state in Android LR on multiple devices.

It used the "store local" option on those photos before. Another album I only shared as smart preview seems to accept my changes. So it does not seem to be a global problem.

Still very annoying puting time and effort in and its all gone afterwards. I was even able to share some editied versions on my mobile device before they reverted back to unedited state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also seems to be just for specific photos rejecting my edit, while others in the same album work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean. Just to add to that: I'll be editing lots of photos in detail mode. And in the thumbnail, it looks like the edit saves (I can tell because of the increased exposure in the thumbnail for example).

After hours of work, I'll then go back to copy some edit settings on a photo, and it's then when I notice that the edits are all gone, and reverted back to unedited state.

Very frustrating, I hope someone can share how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, thumbnail stayed in edited state until I opened up the full photo for edit again and then reset.
Did you also use the "store locally" option?

I got the photos to accept my mobile edits after I made changes in LR classic, those synced to the cloud and now I can sync back from the cloud using LR mobile again on those specific photos. But I'm insecure if more are affected by this.

Still I'm paying a lot of money and would light to have a reliable system. And that's not a workaround I can apply if I'm on the road for multiple days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm a digital artist so my edits are heavy so to have spent half an hour making an image look gorgeous in your creative flow, you reopen the image and all your beautiful editing is gone. This is a deal breaker which makes the program useless. From what I can see elsewhere on the forum this issue has been around for nearly two years with no word or support from Adobe. Where do you get support?@?@?@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a bug - quite some time ago - that was fixed several versions ago that would cause edits to be lost if you quit Lightroom Desktop while still on the image you were editing. 

You con't mention your current installed version but that would be the first thing to check.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines