Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on Android bulk export lower quality than exporting one-by-one

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On Android, when using "Export as..." option (2048px, 100% JPG, sRGB, no output sharpening) when saving a single photo that is currently open (Info, Edit view, etc) the quality is better than when selecting multiple photos from an album view.

The two "_bulk" photos were exported by selecting just those two and using "Export as..." option with the same settings. First of all, you can see that the "_bulk" photos are smaller, additionally:

On the 1-st photo, with the cat, the bulk one looks more blurry, you can see some JPG artifacts (e.x. near cat's whiskers) and image is overall a bit darker.

On the 2-nd photo, with birds, the compression is harder to notice, but on the other hand it looks like chromatic aberration removal option was not applied, despite it being enabled.

I exported the cat photo through the website too, and it has that better quality, so it seems that only exporting multiple photos on mobile has an issue.

I'm using Android 11 on Sony Xperia 1 II and Lightroom v6.4.0.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a bit more testing and it seems that the issue is - the photo is exported with a lower quality from anywhere but the Edit view. Attached is the same photo exported with the same settings from 1 - album view by selecting just this single one, 2 - from Info view after opening the photo and 3 - from Edit view. You can see the chromatic aberration on the tree and the blurriness of leaves on the trees in the center on 1-st and 2-nd file. The third one looks the same as it does when viewing the photo in Lightroom (no chromatic aberration, leaves are not blurred).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. The file from a single file export and the same file in a multi-file selected export are identical. 

Perhaps you could give more detailed step-by-step instructions for us to follow in attempting to replicate?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I made a screen recording of the process. Pay attention to the edges of the tree when viewed in the app, on the first export, and the second one. Also when you pause on the file browser, you can see that the sizes of those two files differ.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hi6f8qtQi0Dbk790VkdKsMtg1XRr0P8F/view?usp=drivesdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you do the following:

Restart the App

Export a single image

Export a group of images (containing the first image)

Create an Android Log File

• Open Settings Panel, long press on the top left “Lr” icon. This will enable a “Send Feedback” button on the settings panel.
  • Now perform the usual tasks in LrA for few minutes and then please reopen the Settings Panel and tap on “Send Feedback” from settings panel. This will open up your email client after few moments and attach the logs.
  • Copy yourself on the logs just in case.

Post back here and let me know you've completed the process. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rikk,

I am very sorry for such a late reply. I just did what you asked and sent the logs.

I first entered Edit mode and exported a single photo from there and then selected two images in album and exported them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines