• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it the Lightroom CC Learning Tutorials and instructional videos in general for Mac look nothing like Lightroom CC on my MacBook Pro. Panels and layouts are totally different. I have the latest version of Lightroom CC installed.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

You must be very particular when you choose tutorials because Adobe chose to name the two Lightroom versions so similarly. There is Lightroom Classic, which stores images on the local hard drive and utilizes a local catalog, and there is Lightroom which stores all your images in the cloud. The user interface (panels and layouts) ARE totally different, and tutorials for the one version are not going to be very helpful for the other because the feature sets are quite different.

In reality, "Ligh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be very particular when you choose tutorials because Adobe chose to name the two Lightroom versions so similarly. There is Lightroom Classic, which stores images on the local hard drive and utilizes a local catalog, and there is Lightroom which stores all your images in the cloud. The user interface (panels and layouts) ARE totally different, and tutorials for the one version are not going to be very helpful for the other because the feature sets are quite different.

In reality, "Lightroom CC" is an old designation that no longer holds true as a name for either version, although some tutorials even from Adobe still use that name. It hasn't been used as the official name for either version for quite some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply

Guess that's why I'm so confused.

I have Lightroom-Classic v11.4   The 'Local' version installed on my MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name "Lightroom CC" is not used anymore!

There are now two 'Lightroom' desktop apps- (in addition to the Mobile and Web Apps!!)

1) Lightroom v5.3   The 'Cloud' version. Catalog and files are stored in the Adobe Cloud.

2) Lightroom-Classic v11.4   The 'Local' version. Catalog and files are stored on your  computer.

So which do you have intalled?   Go MENU: Help > System Info... for details.

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

I have Lightroom-Classic v11.4   The 'Local' version installed on my MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines