• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom on my phone and on my desktop. I pay monthly for both. Do I still need to pay for both...or are they completely separate?? I use both of them frequently, so I don't want to mess anything up!! 😣

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they syncing with each other, or do you have two separate Adobe accounts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They sync with each other. And it's all on the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that "you pay monthly for both" does that mean you are making two separate payments each month? If so, you should only be paying one subscription (the one that includes the Lightoom Desktop app plus 1TB cloud space), you should not have to pay an additional subscription for using LrMobile (as that is included in the main Lightroom plan). I suggest you contact Adobe's Customer Care to get the mobile subscription cancelled (and get a refund if you can).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I pay for one through Adobe and one through an Apple subscription. I originally signed up for Lr Mobile through the App Store...then I just recently got a new laptop, so I got the Photographers Plan through Creative Cloud with Lr Desktop. One charge is $4.99 and the other is $9.99.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you definitely do not need that $4.99 subscription, as everything in that is also included in the $9.99 subscription.

One thing to check, however. There are 2 different $9.99 plans, one called the Photography Plan which includes all the Lightroom apps on Desktop and Mobile, plus Lightroom Classic, plus Photoshop, plus 20GB of cloud storage space.

The other $9.99 plan is called the Lightroom Plan, which includes all the Lightroom apps for Desktop and Mobile, and 1TB of cloud space. It does not include Lightroom Classic or Photoshop. Just make sure you have the right one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha!! I think the one I signed up for has the 20GB storage. Thanks for your help!! I just didn't want to mess up anything!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you probably want to think through how you want to work to make sure that you have the correct plan, there are pros and cons to consider, see this blog post: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow!! There is a pretty big difference!! I'm pretty new to Lightroom, and I do switch between my phone and laptop pretty frequently. So I'm guessing Lightroom CC is better for me 🤷🏼‍:female_sign: I am more of a hobbyist...hopefully become professional at some point. Still very new to the whole process!! Thanks for sharing this!! It was very helpful!! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes indeed, there's quite a list of differences (though it's probably less dramatic than it appears). I'm just a hobbyist like yourself, though in my case I started using Lightroom (the original classic version) when it was first released 15 years ago. However, I've since adopted the Lightroom (cloud ecosystem) as well, and incorporate both in my workflow. Not something I'd recommend for anyone starting out!! If I was starting out today, but knowing what I know about Classic's capabilities, I've be very hard pushed to decide between the two....there's little on that list of things that Classic has and Lightroom doesn't that I'd find a show-stopper, so it would be a tough call.

The key for you is to figure out which plan best suits your needs, and Victoria has laid out the pros and cons as well as anyone could, so there's no point in me trying to repeat any of that. When you've decided, and if you need to switch to the Lightroom Plan, contact Adobe Customer Care to get that arranged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines