• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom permission to import

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of Lightroom. I am noew beiong told I don't have permissions to import my own photographs. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error "Unable to create directory. You do not have permission to save the file" while saving a file in Lightroom Desktop.

Which exact version of Lightroom Desktop are you using, and what is your macOS version? Where are the images located? Does it help to navigate Adobe Lightroom Desktop > Preferences >: Local Storage > Reset?

You likely have a permission issue at the drive or folder level. You will need to use the macOS to change the permissions for your User Account for that (and perhaps other) locations. If changing doesn't work, you may need to repair your permissions.

This may be of help for Repair instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/repair-disk-permissions-running-disk.html

We're here to help; let us know if this works.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to the Mac's System Preferences, then Security & Privacy and ensure that Lightroom is ticked in Files and Folders, and that you given it Full Disk Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue after updating Lightroom today. Full Disk Access had disappeared. Problem fixed with this advice. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines