• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom subject mask creating inconsistent backgrounds on products

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot a set of product shots for a line of candles, in front of a white backdrop. Then I brought them into photoshop and, using a plate that I shot, created one consistent background across all images. With all images matched, I brought them into lightroom to use the subject mask function, allowing me to fine tune the background and the product seperately. This is where I'm having an issue.

I created a mask of the background of one image and planned to apply it to all images; however, when I copy and paste the mask to other shots I get inconsistent results, eventhough I'm applying the same edit settings to the same background image. Super frustrating.

Because of the ai the masks easily snap around the new subjects when pasted, but the inconsitences of the edits being applied to the background are unpredictable. Can anyone help me with this issue? Wondering if the issue is rooted in the ai functinality. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shot a set of product shots for a line of candles, in front of a white backdrop. Then I brought them into photoshop and, using a plate that I shot, created one consistent background across all images. With all images matched, I brought them into lightroom to use the subject mask function, allowing me to fine tune the background and the product seperately. This is where I'm having an issue.

I created a mask of the background of one image and planned to apply it to all images; however, when I copy and paste the mask to other shots I get inconsistent results, eventhough I'm applying the same edit settings to the same background image. Super frustrating.

Because of the ai the masks easily snap around the new subjects when pasted, but the inconsitences of the edits being applied to the background are unpredictable. Can anyone help me with this issue? Wondering if the issue is rooted in the ai functinality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines