• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom would not let me import new files, I uninstalled lightroom cc and lost my gallery/ catalog

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using an older lightroom cc and recently updated it. I wanted to import new files and every time I tried it was telling me that there were no files detected. I looked for a solution and was told to uninstall and try again. The Lightroom cc that i was using is no longer supported and I lost my gallery / catalog. Is there a way to reclaim my gallery/ catalog? I was in the process of trying to transfer it to LrC? This old catalog was very orgainzed.  

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more info. Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version? Windows or MacOS? What version?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Catalina 12.15.7

Lightroom cc 3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not 100% on the lightroom version I was running It could have been lightroom 4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i could have been running lightroom 4.3. im not 100% on the verson. it was the square icon with the coloured frame! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry im digging through informaton, i was running Lightroom cc v6 with macos catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 4.1 and it has a lot og problems, it doesnt let me add photos, create folders and my previous phots dont appear. Please i have a proyect due, help me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Evin5D9A 

Please start your own thread and provide more information, such as your OS. This thread becomes a mess if two people with different problems both start posting in it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems you are totally confused about which Lightroom you are actually using, but from what you've been saying it sounds like this:

1: You were using Lightroom 6, the last perpertual licanse version of Lightroom

2: The predecessor of that version is Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom (desktop).

3: For Lightroom Classic you need to subscribe to the Photography plan, not the Lightroom plan.

4: After you have installed Lightroom Classic, you can open your old catalog and let LrC upgrade it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines