• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom [You do not have permission to save files]

New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently started getting this message, does anyone know to solve this problem ? I've given access to Lightroom but still says it

IMG_1142.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Hey yes 

top left corner you'll see 

cloud and local 

select local 

home icon (username) select... allow access 

and that should resolve hopefully 🤞 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked beautifully, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here. I've never have to access before (maybe it's new: I didn't even know that it exists).

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-25 a las 20.15.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! This was driving me crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much Vicki37632029e3kr

it works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find "allow access" at? Im trying to import pictures to my external hardrive and it also isn't letting me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my screen looks like , im so lost =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brendaa please detail what you are trying to do and best to use a new thread. You are using the cloud based lightroom and cloud based lightroom does not allow you to "Import pictures to my external harddrive". It just doesn't do that (It's a feature of Lightroom Classic but not for Lightroom Cloudy which is what you have here). It will only import to the cloud library. You can browse files on your local harddrive but to get the files there you have to use the finder (or explorer on windows) to copy the files to that location first if you want to use the cloud based lightroom in local browsing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can browse files on your local harddrive but to get the files there you have to use the finder (or explorer on windows) to copy the files to that location first if you want to use the cloud based lightroom in local browsing mode.

By @Jao vdL

The Local mode does allow you to import photos from a card to a local hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What????? I don't doubt your expertise but that is the first time I have ever heard that. There is no add button in the local browser so there is no import. You can drag and drop images between items in the browser but that is just like just doing it in finder. It is not an import as it doesn't get added to the library. It just copies files. You can only import to the cloud in Cloudy as I understood it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not an import as it doesn't get added to the library. It just copies files. 

By @Jao vdL

Yes that's fair, perhaps we're tripping over the word import. It doesn't import them into a library as it would with the cloud side, but it can copy the files to the hard drive so it doesn't require switching to Finder. 

I'm currently traveling but here's one of the screenshots I've got in the book. When copying from a device to a hard drive in Local mode, there's a dialog like the normal import dialog. (I'd reduced it down to only show one of the thumbnails for space, but there's a whole grid of thumbnails to select.)

2024-06-08_15-18-36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I have never seen that screen so wasn't aware it existed. When I connect a card in my card readers it just shows up as an external drive in the left browser that I can then drag and drop from and to but the interface is a bit clunky ( no seprate windows to drag and drop) so it is much easier to do that in finder. I should try to directly connect a camera when in local browsing mode to see if this pops up as it does look like a useful feature. Copying from camera is much slower than the card readers so I don't usually do that even when using Lightroom Cloudy instead of Classic. Thanks for setting me straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL We both learned something, I hadn't used it for a card reader import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might depend on the card reader. My most-used one (a crazy fast XQD/CFexpress USB-c adapter) presents the card as a hard disk to the operating system and is likely recognized differently than when using typical sd card readers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually a professional photographer and been an Adobe user for over 15 years 😉 I know what I'm saying lol! I just dont really talk on these platforms until lately with all the new stuff going on. I'm now having to double check what I'm doing, but yeah, Victoria got it right! Thank you! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, didn't see this. Ignore my last reply hehe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you scroll up the thread you will see where the "Cloud" and "Local" sections are. Once you are in Local you just click on your external drive (make sure it's plugged in) and there should be "Allow Access". Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your settings for Lightroom in System Settings->Privacy and Security->Files and Folders? It should show the following there:

Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 9.59.18 AM.png

You should not need to put Lightroom in Full Disk access and this dialog should be enough (you might not have the dropbox entry if you don't use dropbox) but it doesn't hurt if you do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues; however, my Lightroom under the above directions shows this - see screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! This is my settings for Lightroom:

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-25 a las 18.29.18.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-25 a las 18.28.49.png

You can see it has full disk access. I can't give LR access only to some files or folders. I've tried to eliminate full disk access several times and give access again with no results. LR never asked me to give it permission to access. I have to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw your resolution above, the needing to go to local to get the access dialog indicates there was some issue with Lightroom accessing local files indeed that going to the local browser resolved. That is weird and shouldn't happen if you already gave it full disk access but glad you got it resolved., 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same message, did you have any luck resolving it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I solved it. Check my answer above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have just started to have the same issue.  I was able to save to a folder created on the desktop.  I have now clicked on 'local' and selected my external drive, LR indicated I needed to give permission, click okay and seems to be working now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just now figured mine out! First make sure you have the newer version of Lightroom for this to work, then :

Adobe Lightroom > Apple icon > System Settings > (should pull up screen box as below) > Privacy & Security >

..............(if you already have Adobe LR in the list below, skip this part)

Now this part I had to do myself because I did NOT have Adobe Lightroom in the list below. So if you were like me, you will need to >> Click + on bottom left list of box below > Find Adobe LR application (NOT FOLDER) and click > Turn the toggles on, for the apps you want full access on.

I hope this helps!

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 8.48.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines