Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local backup of Lightroom on a iPad

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have decided I no longer need a typical laptop. Outside of processing images, an iPad is all I need. My hurdle, for 30 years I have always been able to hold in my hand a backup drive(s) of my data. Going to only an iPad has everything but image files in Apple's iCloud and I do copy everything from my Apple iCloud to a local disk. What about with Lightroom, not Lightroom Classic? I cannot seem to find an option to download a local copy of everything. Individual images, yes. Save To will let me browse to a disk attached to my iPad, but this is only available at the image level, not the entire catalog. Is there no way with Lightroom I can have a single action to grab everything so I can copy locally?  This would be a huge issue if I were to ever leave the Creative Cloud eco system for another vendor. It seems the only way to get all my images back would be to buy a laptop, install classic,  set the catalog preference to keep a local copy of everything and then sync. I cannot seem to find such a preference in Lightroom on my iPad.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. That's a great question. Let me see if I can clarify this.

Adobe Lightroom is cloud-based, and its target storage location is the cloud. It can download images whenever required.

However, if you decide to leave Creative Cloud or change your email account, you can use the Adobe Lightroom Downloader app.

Check this article to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer. That is what I was afraid of. If I ever leave Creative Cloud, I will need to buy a laptop and I cannot at this time, with only an iPad, make a backup copy of all my images as the downloader is not available for iOS or iPadOS.
Thank you for jumping in and responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To anyone that may stumble across this thread, I did find a solution. Folder by folder or with all images copied into a single folder Lightroom provides a way to select all images. Select all, Share, Export files. You can then browse to a external disk on the iPad. Don't forget to clear the Lightroom cache after the export if you exported hundreds of images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines