• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Photo Score destroyed after clearing photos from the cloud

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLDR : Deleteing photos off cloud storage deleted them off my hard drive and I need to recover them. 

I expected to have around 1 TB of cloud storage, but when i found out it was only 100gb, I realized that I had used up wayy too much of my cloud storage and started trying to find ways to download it to my computer. I found the Lightroom downloader tool and tried using it but alas it does not support my version of windows 10, so I started looking for other workarounds and found the download album locally option that can be used when right clicking an album. So I imported all my photos to one album and then downloaded the entire album to my Hard Drive. after that I deleted all my pictures from the album and then from the deleted folder to free up my cloud space. I even made sure to check the folder on my hard drive for all my pictures before deleting. And after deleting all the pictures they have also vanished off my hard drive. 
1.So now ive lost 100GB of super important pictures, Is there any way to recover them ???? 
2. Also how do I properly downlload this pictures without having them vanish ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firstly, have you permanently deleted them from the Deleted 'Album/Section'. If not they should reside there for 60 days until they are automatically deleted permanently. If they are there then you can restore them.

Storing Albums Locally or A Copy of All Originals Locally does download files to the HD (either in the hidden Catalog or a location of your choice respectively) but these are not independent from any actions made to them in the application. They are still 'linked' and the local storage option is really only meant for quicker access to the photos and useful for offline use.

Thus, unless you export them totally out the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem (either manually, via syncing with Classic or using the Downloader toll) then deleting them from the application will impact on any file stored locally that was prompted from inside the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines