• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local storage for Lightroom Albums on iPad pro

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having successfully synced over 7000 images in 16 collections/albums from my Lightroom Classic on my old macbook pro via my new Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop account I can see all of the albums/files in my new iPad pro. I have successfully used the 'store locally' function for almost all of the 16 albums. However 1 of the albums consistently stops 'storing locally' when they come to the last few images. There are 522 to be stored and it stops at 520. I have plenty of space on my iPad drive and much larger albums have stored locally with no problem. Any idea what the problem might be?

Also, where exactly are the locally stored files stored? I can't seem to find them anywhere on my file finder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to re-sync the Collection from Classic?

Also, you cannot access the Photos directly on the iPad, as they are stored within the App as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, where exactly are the locally stored files stored? I can't seem to find them anywhere on my file finder.

These files are stored in areas of the disk that are private to the app and encrypted. Other apps cannot access them because of the way iOS apps are sandboxed off from each other. Adobe could in principle enable file access through the files app but that would be quite contrary to their philosophy for Lightroom CC and I don't see that happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that clarification.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines