• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local storage on IPad larger then on cloud

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my workflow I use both LR Classic (main setup on desktop with full catalog of all images) and LRCC on iPad and iPhone to carry around images and edit remotely. Occasionally I use the IPad to upload raw images, which after downloading into Classic are deleted from LRCC and then re-synced as smart previews.

Thus my cloud only has smart previews (as should my IPad). That means I got an impressive 41.000 images on the cloud using only 3Gb of my 20.

Recently I decided to make images available locally on the IPad BU selecting “Store Locally” on albums.

After storing 5.300 images locally (Smart previews only) I see locally stored copies occupying 9,1 Gb.

I had planned to store them all locally but dont want to fork roughly 70 Gb of local storage for files that use 3Gb on the cloud.

Why do they take so much more space locally? This does not make sense.

Second question: Is is there a way to select “store locally” for all albums without having to go one by one?

tks!

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Messing around with albums I've bumped into what I believe is the solution.

I had an album which I believed had only smart previews but in fact it had originals.

Removed it and re-synced and now cloud is using only 20MB.

It appears Smart Previews do not actually consume cloud storage space (which is great!)

It also means the 40k images for 3Gb was not correct and the 70 Gb may be more like it. Storing all smart previews on the iPad will not be an option then.

Now I'm left to find what are the images

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Messing around with albums I've bumped into what I believe is the solution.

I had an album which I believed had only smart previews but in fact it had originals.

Removed it and re-synced and now cloud is using only 20MB.

It appears Smart Previews do not actually consume cloud storage space (which is great!)

It also means the 40k images for 3Gb was not correct and the 70 Gb may be more like it. Storing all smart previews on the iPad will not be an option then.

Now I'm left to find what are the images using um the 20Mb. Is there any good way?

Also left with the second question above: Is is there a way to select “store locally” for all albums without having to go one by one?

Last issue, is there a way to see all photos in Lightroom CC that are not in any album?

Tks

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines