• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Location Data missing when exporting from Lightroom on iPhone

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I've recently signed up with Creative Cloud all apps, and I've been trying Lightroom on my iPhone this evening. It seems if I add photos from my iPhone to Lightroom, edit them, and then save them back to the camera role, the location data disappears (no longer displays a location when I view in Apple Photos app). In the export Settings in Lightroom, include Metadata and include location data are both activated. Also, although I can find the location of photos via the filter function in Lightroom, I can't seem to view it for any one specific photo - only ISO values etc are shown, but no location? Am I missing something obvious? Retaining location data on export of edited photos is pretty crucial I'd think. Thanks!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tested that, taking a picture with both the phone camera and the LrM camera, and in both cases after exporting to the Camera Roll the location was retained in the exported files and could be viewed in the Photos app on the phone. That's the way it should work, so double-check that you have setup the export settings to include the Location data. Also remember that there are several different export/share types, each with their own export settings, so do make sure you edit the correct settings for the export type you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much to both for the responses.  It has now come right - as far as I can see I am not doing anything different, but it is now working, so that's good news!  I had checked beforehand to ensure that all Metadata was included in the export settings, but that does now seem to be the case.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines