• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost all my photos

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just imported a photoshoot into lightroom cc and now all the files that I took them from are gone. This has never happened to me before. Does anyone know why this happened and how to retrieve the images?

Thanks Eleanor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you double check that you are signed-in with the Adobe-id which you are using for this forum. From our server-side I can see that his is the one which has a valid subscription applied and photos backed-up. Hope this helps -Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went back into LR and I had to log in, so I imagine I was logged in before as well. As the photo's were still in LR I am able to export them back but I don't like the idea that I had to do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your dilemma. Since your images are stored in the cloud, it is a requirement that you are always signed in to your account in order to access them. Otherwise there is no way to connect your Lightroom to your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom took my photos off my hard drive. That is something I am not ok with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's how the cloud version of Lightroom works. It manages the local storage and automatically unloads the local copies when the originals have been transferred to the cloud and will dynamically download files when needed. If you want to keep local copies there is a preference to do that. You can also mark albums to retain their local downloaded copies if you need them for quick access or are expecting to not have internet access while editing. Better yet if you want your images to always stay local is to use Lightroom Classic instead of the cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines