• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Lightroom Presets after getting a new account

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there everybody! I recently got a new Creative Cloud contract and account that is partially paid for by my university. I cancelled my old account without exporting my Lightroom Presets and am desperate to find them now. Are there saved somewhere on my computer? How to find and access them? Appriaciate any tipp!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom do you use? You posted this in the Lightroom Classic forum, but it sounds like you actually use Lightroom (desktop). Lightroom Classic stores everything locally, so changing accounts will not change anything in Lightroom Classic. Everything will work as before.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the regular Lightroom, you are right! I didn't seem to find the correct forum, let me try again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there seems to be no forum for the Desktop Lightroom, can that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Lightroom Ecosystem that covers it. Moving this thread there. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom desktop stores its presets in the cloud. I would think that it also stores a copy locally, otherwise you would not be able to use presets when your computer is in Airplane mode, but I can't find anything. It's also quite possible that your local copies have already been deleted when you switched accounts.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there everybody! I recently got a new Creative Cloud contract and account that is partially paid for by my university. I cancelled my old account without exporting my Lightroom Presets and am desperate to find them now. Are there saved somewhere on my computer? How to find and access them? Appriaciate any tipp!

By @Jakub Filip28475204atep

According to this document - https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html - you can continue to launch Lightroom for one year after cancelling your subscription (see the screenshot which shows an extract of that document). It only mentions access to your original files, but it might be possible to export your user presets as well (though I suspect not, as access to presets is via the Edit panel, which is likely disabled in this mode). Worth a try though?

Adobe_PreRelease_—_How_to_cancel_Adobe_trial_or_subscription.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines