Exit

LR IOS Free up space in the Cloud & keep the changes made on the images

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning
I have a question
I normally shoot in NEF with a Nikon D810 and then download the images to Lightroom Mobile for IOS in the cloud via an Ipad Air 2022. All excellent and very satisfying. But now I get the message about the space (1TB) almost exhausted. Consequently I have a doubt; how can i delete images from the cloud while retaining the ability to see the changes made in the future? Is it possible or should I delete the images  from the cloud losing all the processing work done?
When I was using LR Classic there were no problems because it was enough to save the catalog to a file and the problem was solved.
Thanks to those who can help me
Francesco - Siena - Italy

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Deleting images from Lightroom will move the images to the deleted folder; however, deleted still counts against your total storage.

Depending on where you start to import images in the Lightroom cloud, the way cloud storage is used can change.

When you import images in Lightroom Mobile (iPad) or Adobe Lightroom on a desktop, the full-size copy of the original images gets uploaded to the cloud, and the space is occupied accordingly.

If you sync collections from Lightroom Classic, only smart previews are synced. Smart previews do not consume space on the cloud.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer for the answer but my need is to clean up my cloud of older images without losing the changes made and the processing. So I would need a system to export the NEF (or other) files with the changes made attached, so that in the future I will be able to reload them again on the cloud. Regarding LR Classic I wanted to tell you that I no longer have it as I have the LR Mobile license with 1TB of space.

Thanks if you can help me again

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can export your NEF files as DNG. That will save the edits in the metadata of the DNG files, meaning that the edits will automatically be read and applied if and when you import them in Lightroom again. After you have exported the images, you can delete them from Lightroom to clear up cloud space.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines