• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr mobile no longer taking pics from back camera on iPhone.

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly the camera on the back of my iPhone will not take photos in Lightroom on my iPhone running iOS 14.1. This worked until recently. The selfie camera does take pictures. The built in camera app takes pictures on the back camera fine. Other camera apps work fine. The only thing I did recently - I think it was since the last time it worked - was to clean up a bunch of images from the Lr Camera Photos album. 

I've restarted my phone. No help. I've not yet deleted and reinstalled the app as I don't know what that will do to my library on the phone. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our most recent release disables specifically the Technology Preview capture options on any iOS older than 14.2. Could you try updating your iOS.  What specific model iPhone do you have?

If you're a paid user, your files, edits, etc should all be synced to cloud, but it couldn't hurt to do an iTunes / iCloud backup of your device (a good thing to do regularly regardless of this issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have no interest in updating iOS at this time. This is a personal choice which may be based on a number of factors. I feel forcing an iOS upgrade is poor form. Especially without advanced warning. 

Yes I am a paying customer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I disabled technology preview in the settings. The explanation you've provided doesn't help me understand why RAW (dng) capture doesn't work on the back camera. 

Oh. Unless I turn on HDR - then it works I've found out. Sounds like a bug to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not interested in the Technology Previews, then there is no need to update from your current iOS.

It's a known platform limitation that DNG capture is not available on ultrawide lenses for devices that have those, but otherwise DNG and HDR capture should both work for the other lenses (wide, tele).

What device do you have? 

Also, have you updated to the latest Lightroom Mobile app available, version 6.1?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that's a more acceptable policy. Thanks. 

So back to square one on my problem. I have an iPhone SE 2020. No special cameras other than the single one. DNG was working till recently. Possibly till the 6.1 update. Now it will not take a DNG picture with the back camera (unless I set HDR to on).  To summarize:

In Pro mode, the shutter will blink and the shutter sounds when I attempt to take the pic but will not record a DNG photo. In HDR mode it will take a DNG. If I select the forward facing "selfie" camera then it will take a pic. But that's JPG. 

Another app that shoots RAW (Camera +) successfully records RAW images with the back camera. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: to be precise, when I am attempting to take. DNG in pro mode using the back camera, the shutter button blinks and I hear the shutter sound but it records *no* picture at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional details.  I don't have that same device but will reach out to a teammate I think has it, to try and reproducee the issue for a bug to pass to the developers.

Just to give you a heads up, many folks on the Lightroom product team will be out for the holidays over the next couple weeks, and employee responses on these peer-support forums may be slow during this period.  However Adobe Support will be available as always, and if you have an urgent need or question do contact them directly as Adobe Support doesn't monitor these community forums regularly.  To reach Adobe Support, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, sign in, and then click the chat button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines