• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR room work flow

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just starting to use LR and would like some suggestion on work flow. Specifically adding photos, reviewing, rejecting,  then deleting rejected photos from everywhere. Then saving what I do want. What I am doing now does not work effectively and I not sure what approach would work with LR.

I am using a Mac and my first step is to upload from my card to folder that is mirrored to icloud. I then import to LR, placing them in an album and reviewing all photos. Marking photos I don't want as rejected and rate the photos I do want. I then filter the folder for rejected and delete all the rejected photos. But this does not delete the photos I rejected, just the link in LR which leaves many photos in the orginal directory that I no longer need. I have seen suggestions that you have to go to the directory outside LR and delete the photos manually but you would have to ID the photo names you want to keep and delete just the photos that were rejected.

This flow would not work, any suggestion from the community on a better approach? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom (destop) or Lightroom Classsic?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using LR desktop V 4.3 on my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines