Exit

LRM premium iOS iPad and iPhone differences

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i just got LRM mobile on my iPhone and iPad and I wonder about a few things :

- if I subscribe premium feature on iPhone will I also get them on iPad ? Or should I pay twice ? 
- will I get LR on my Mac ? Web ?

- why does premium feature cost more on iPad (5,49/month) vs iPhone (4,99/month) (French market)

thanks

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

You might want to review this info: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html 

If you sync photos from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom's cloud storage, only 2048 pixel "smart preview" image copies get uploaded, and these do not count against your cloud storage used.  So 20 GB storage is a lot for Classic.  However, if you also want to use Lightroom Mobile, 20 GB can fill up quickly.  The 100 GB mobile-only plan is the cheapest plan and comes with more storage.  If yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @eStorm626 

If you subscribe on iPhone, or iPad, or Android, your susbcription works on any mobile phone or tablet device, and also Lightroom Web (lightroom.adobe.com). 

However, this mobile-only subcription does not include Lightroom for Windows or Mac.  If you need Lightroom on Windows or Mac, or you need more than 100 GB of storage from the Mobile plan, then you can subscribe from inside the LR desktop app or from www.adobe.com.  The desktop subscription includes mobile premium service, and comes with 10X the storage (1 TB) for only 2X the price of the mobile-only plan.  

Regarding price differences...   Are you seeing the different prices in the Appstore listing, or actually on the purchase screen in the app?  While I wait for your reply, I will look into why this may be happening.  Adobe does sometimes test different prices, and users in the same region might see different plans and prices offered in the app.  I'd simply subscribe on the cheaper option available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the precise answer.

Actually, I see on the purchasing screen within the LRM app on iPhone 4,99€ monthly plan with 7 days of free test period, whereas on iPad I see 2 options : 5,49€ Monthly and no free test period or 59,99€ Annual plan with 7 days free usage. The annual plan is equivalent in price to the iPhone monthly fee calculated annually.

To be honest, I don’t know yet what I will need in terms of cloud storage. I was a Lightroom classic user back in time when it was sold as a perpetual license and no cloud storage at all… now, the choice is quite tricky with all those subscriptions possibilities, devices and even LR iterations.

To be honest 11,99€ Monthly for one hobby tool is quite a lot even if I would use all the possibilities of the plan.

Secondary question : Does Adobe usually offer discounts on plans or is it something that never happens ?

Kr Eric

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to review this info: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html 

If you sync photos from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom's cloud storage, only 2048 pixel "smart preview" image copies get uploaded, and these do not count against your cloud storage used.  So 20 GB storage is a lot for Classic.  However, if you also want to use Lightroom Mobile, 20 GB can fill up quickly.  The 100 GB mobile-only plan is the cheapest plan and comes with more storage.  If you also want to use Lightroom on Mac or Windows, the 1 TB plan is a good value -- just remember that this plan does not include Lightroom Classic.

Hopefully one of these options is good for you.  

Regarding occassional discounts, I don't recall seeing this happen.  Occasionally, Lightroom Mobile will price-test a cheaper 40 GB mobile-only plan, but this isn't available all the time, and is not available in all regions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines