• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Image Fully Visible in Workspace

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC and I often end up in situations where the image is off the edge of the workspace especially when I click when the mouse cursor is a magnifying glass with a "+" in it.  Is there a quick way (e.g. keyboard shortcut) to make the image as large as possible and fit it perfectly in the current workspace size?

In general I don't understand what the magnifying glass with "+"  cursor is supposed to do.  It makes no sense to me.  For example the first time it's clicked it makes the image larger (although it may be partly off the edge of the workspace) .  Then dragging side to side does zooming but after the first zoom action, the next time the mouse is pressed the cursor become a "hand" to move the image and never returns to side to side motion doing a zoom until you click again which may again position the image partly off the screen.

Note that I normally work on a Macbook and use pinch to zoom but I seem to spend a lot of time keeping the image as large and possible and fully vislble.

Where is documention on all of this?  i.e. options for positioning and zooming the image in the workspace.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A related question.  In Lightroom Creative Cloud, the shortcuts Ctrl or Cmd = / - zoom out / in.  However when I zoom out to where the edge of the image touches or goes off the edge of the workspace, the keyboard shortcuts stop working.  They work again after the image is zoomed with the mouse or touchpad.  Why!?  

A hack that seems to restore an image that's partly out of the view is to hide/show the filmstrip with the "/" key.

Is this feature really as badly broken as it seems to be? 

Lightroom classic handles this much betterin that it recenters the image as soon as it's zoomed down to fit in the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom CC and I often end up in situations where the image is off the edge of the workspace especially when I click when the mouse cursor is a magnifying glass with a "+" in it.  Is there a quick way (e.g. keyboard shortcut) to make the image as large as possible and fit it perfectly in the current workspace size?

Use the "Fill" zoom option, which is available using the Zoom drop-down list on the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but for some reason it doesn't work for me.  If the image is already not centered in the workspace, using toolbar Fill leaves it sticking off the edge of the workspace.

For example the attached "Before" image shows the image position before clicking Fill, and the "After" image shows the result: off the edge of the screen.  As far I know this is the most recent version of Lightroom Creative Cloud.  I'm on an M1 Macbook Pro.

The only workaround I've found it to show/hide the filmstrip by pressing "/" twice which centers the image, and then clicking fill.  Surely there's a better way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines