• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu bar fonts are too small

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I want is to increase the font size of items in the menu bar.

NOT ALL TEXT.

JUST THE MENU BAR.

The one at the top of the page. They are things like FILE, EDIT, HELP, etc.

I do NOT need to know how to enlarge type on the screen. I can do that. I simply cannot see the menu bar well even with glasses.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe those can be controlled by anything within the Lightroom program. Those are standard menus governed by the operating system you are using, and would be controlled by your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is fine. I can see all my menus just fine. LR and PS are way too small, way too hard to select and the fact that nobody can explain exactly how to change this on the only program that is a problem speaks poorly of Adobe. This is beyond stupid and Adobe needs to address this. Thanks for your help, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, any other windows programs will switch the resolution of the system menu bars when moving/dragging from one screen to another, depending on the system setting for that monitor (typically this is set to 150% or > for larger format 4k screens in the windows DISPLAY settings menu). Photoshop seem to work fine (for me) but in LIGHTROOM the menu bar is SO TINY it's barely legible, I mean with reading glasses I have to get to within ONE FOOT of the screen and squint to make anything out!!!! VERY ANNOYING!!!! and pretty lame for an application that ideally SHOULD be used on a 4K screen. this is also true with any right-click POPUP menu which can kill productivity because these are where the often-used functions reside (settings>paste from previous etc.)   PLEASE FIX THIS!!

As a possible clue on how to fix, I initially had a 2x4k monitor + 1x 1920, with the main Windows monitor being one of the 4K displays. In this configuration the Lightroom menus WERE scalling correctly (so Lightroom may be getting its menu res info from the MAIN windows screen instead of using the settings from the screen its open on). In order to liberate system resources I opted to have the main Windows screen at 1920 (which had no need for 4K) and have ONE 4K screen to use for graphic apps that benefited from it. Hope this help you fix the issue...

- Sean 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man. I'll have to study your solution and see if I can make it work
for me. I'm not familiar with making these sorts of changes -- not a tech
guy, new to Windows PC's -- but it makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, while wrting about the issue I thought of something to try... 

Closed Lightroom, opened Windows Display Settings and set the 4K screen to "[x] Make this my main display" Opened Lightroom and menus are now LEGIBLE. This is somewhat annoying as my main taskbar icons now appear on my secondary display instead of my usual main work area but at least Lightroom is useable... Really should be fixed though: Lightroom needs to use the Display settings (Scale and layout %) for the monitor it opens in (or is moved to)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same issue, upgraded my monitor to 4k and all apps were fine apart from Lightroom where the top menu bar was really small (different from the UI settings). Sean's second solution worked for me though! Changing my 4k monitor to the main display in Windows Display Settings. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this works! Finaly a solution! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so Much !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  It's Ok with FHD screen but way too small and not scaling on 4K monitor.
Other app like office does scale the text set to display setup but not just Adobe apps.   It is very annoying.  It's not OS, just app deos not horner the scaling setup like others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - micro menus on laptop. Here's how I fixed it. In Lightroom, Edit : Preferences : Text Size : 300%, shut lightroom and reopen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option. Current versions, Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the info. Made the text 150% and now it works just fine on my 14 inch laptop, Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bytes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you now works on mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines