• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom incomplete, didn't keep any edit settings

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I recently purchased a photography plan with 1TB storage and Lightroom. Before, I used Lightroom Classic to edit my photo's, and I just migrated the catalog of 600+ pictures into Lightroom. However, none of the edits that I made to it in LR Classic are visible inside the new Lightroom. I had no errors whatsoever during the import, so where could it have gone wrong? And is it possible to import the pictures with all the settings still intact?

Thank you,

Sem

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

I fixed this issue together with a customer support employee, Vijay. He was very knowledgable and helped me a lot!

The problem occurred because I used an old version of Lightroom Classic from 2018. It seems like the catalogs aren't compatible, and it won't be able to transfer the edit settings.

This is what we did to resolve our issue:

1. Download the latest version of Lightroom Classic - you don't need to have a subscription for it, the trial (or even without trial) will work just fine

2. When ope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do the migration exactly? Using the migration tool or by importing them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html

So I used the option File > Migrate From > Lightroom Classic Catalog.

Had no errors so I'm very confused 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it maybe have something to do with an old lightroom classic version? I'm using 2018... and I don't have a license anymore to upgrade it to a newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed this issue together with a customer support employee, Vijay. He was very knowledgable and helped me a lot!

The problem occurred because I used an old version of Lightroom Classic from 2018. It seems like the catalogs aren't compatible, and it won't be able to transfer the edit settings.

This is what we did to resolve our issue:

1. Download the latest version of Lightroom Classic - you don't need to have a subscription for it, the trial (or even without trial) will work just fine

2. When opening this new version, you will be asked to migrate your old catalog to a new version, in my case to version 11.

3. After it's done, you can try migrating it into Lightroom Cloud, it should now work.

However, if you have done the migration before, Lightroom Cloud won't let you migrate a catalog twice. If this is the case for you too, you have to follow these steps:

1. Select all photos in Lightroom Classic, and go to File > Export as Catalog. Make sure to tick the box that says "Include negatives", as it needs the source files.

2. Select a location to save your files, and wait for Lightroom to finish the export

3. After its done, you can now import it into Lightroom Cloud, and it should work!

Hope this can help other people if they ever run into a strange issue like this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines