• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom presets from one laptop to another

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was a simple case of copying the develop presets folder from one mac to another. But there's nothing in the Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom with any presets. A search across the Mac shows no matching profile names. I wondered if the cloud sync'd automatically but it hasn't yet.

I am wanting to transfer a combination of 3rd party presets and my user ones.

Googling suggests the preferences dialogue would show me where they are stored, but not in the latest Lightroom version.

I must be missing something really simple! 

help!
Paul

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please carify which desktop version of Lightroom you are using. Is it LrClassic or the cloud-centric Lightroom app? You've posted this question in the Lightroom ecosystem forum, which suggests you are referring to the cloud-centric Lightroom....and if that is the case there's no need to copy anything over from one system to another. Simply install and start Lightroom on the second system and everything should be automatically downloaded from your cloud-based central catalog, and this should include your presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, yes it's the cloud based one. I have left it running, and it's certainly managed to download/reference the 110k photos, but no presets yet. I guess i will leave it going... I can see on iOS devices the presets are there. This is Macbook Pro to a new MacBook Pro - so maybe it would be one of the last things to sync? Odd if so!

thanks
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@evyn08  If you problem is really "the same issue!" then the answer from @Jim Wilde is correct- "no need to copy anything over from one system to another. Simply install and start Lightroom on the second system and everything should be automatically downloaded from your cloud-based central catalog, and this should include your presets."

Lightroom catalogs and Presets are stored in the Cloud Lightroom ecosystem, so if you sign-in to Lightroom with the same ID on any 'device' your catalog and presets are all there.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eventually it sorted it self out. There are issues (in terms of speed) with storing local copies on a NAS still - this has been around for ages. But leave it long enough then it will just rebuild from the cloud - assuming that has all the data in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines