• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My iPhone is re-importing duplicates of every photo, how to reset it?

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom on my iPhone has always been set to import photos from my camera roll.  But yesterday it decided it should re-import all 5000+ iPhone photos.  I checked and I was getting duplicates in my library of every photo I ever took on my phone.  

How can I fix this? Every time I turn the feature back on, it continues on it's journey of importing the 5000+ photos and getting duplicates.  I want it to import new photos I take, not all the photo's it's already imported.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally speaking, LrM doesn't just decide to import older images from the camera roll whithout something having been changed. The usual "villain" in this situation is using Photos with iCloud, i.e. if you've suddenly turned that on when it was previously off, or you have it set to manage the photo storage on the device such that it removes originals for the Camera Roll and replaces them with smaller previews (which then appear to LrM as "new" photos, so it starts importing them).

So, has anything like that occurred recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, iCloud Photos is probably the culprit.  Is there a way to reset LrM so that it only imports photos new from today?  Would deleting the app and reinstalling it help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the free Lightroom mobile version, or do you have a subscription? If you have a subscription all the photos should have synced to your Adobe cloud account, in which case deleting and reinstalling the app on your phone won't achieve anything, so you'd still need to select them in Lightroom and delete them from there. But if you have the free version, then deleting the app and reinstalling would delete everything from Lightroom....photos and any presets that you may have added.

Going forward, you'd still be at risk of it happening again if you continue to use iCloud for Photos (I have it deliberately disabled for that reason), in which case you might be better advised to turn off the "Auto-add" feature in the Lightroom Settings>Import tab and simply do a manual import from the Camera Roll when you want to import from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines