• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New denoise function "Denoise is not currently available with this photo format"

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to test out the new function on some noisy low light photos I have but am met with the message "Denoise is not currently supported with this photo format"

On the site it says "Denoise is currently supported only for Bayer and X-trans mosaic raw files" My camera is a Cannon EOS Rebel T6, which does use Bayer Mosaic, so shouldn't it be able to utilize this function?

Is there a specific setting on the camera or something when i transfer the files to the computer that is changing it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what format are you camera images in? Are you using anything out of the ordinary, like compressed files?

Note in the New Features - " from Bayer or X-Trans RAW images,"  CR2, CR3, NEF, ARW, etc.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2023-3.html#edit-in-photoshop

JPGs, TIFs, PSD, and other demozaiced (rendered RGB) files are not compatible, yet! Maybe they will be added in a future release.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. My files are .CR3. I would think this should work, the message I get reads: "Unsupported Photo:  The selected photo is not supported by this feature."

Thanks for any help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your camera menu and check the settings. CR3 is the general file extension that Canon uses for raw files, so I would not be surprised if they used that extension for M-RAW files as well.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about with a Nikon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found anything out yet? I never had this issue, until the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue with my Canon CR2 files and it's driving me insane. Can't find anything to sort it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the came problem.  I ended up resetting the camera to factory default, and then it worked on the raw files from then on.  I've still no idea what I did to the setting in the camera to make it so that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  It worked fine for 32 pictures within a catalog and then stopped working at picture 33. Did you find out anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forced to use Topaz software or not convert to dng when I put this
question out there. Tested today and it appears to work fine now. All
cloud apps have been updated several times since complaint and I updated
PS yesterday so not sure when they fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise. I have shots from the same shoot, same day, same camera, same lens, some can be denoised and some can't. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, only raw files can be denoise (not even the M(RAW)
nor S(RAW)).
Only the large one..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

I have the same problem now, which I never had before. Im getting the same message with the denoise. I never had this problem. My raw files from my drone automatically open in photoshop. I then create a file, I save then I open LR classic and continue to work. Now I'm getting this message . What can I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using compressed RAW it might not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you perhaps using M-RAW? Despite its name, M-RAW is not raw anymore. It's linear RGB and thus incompatible with Denoise.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info. I had forgotten all about M-RAW (in Canon). You saved me considerable time and frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how are you? Thank you for the info. Do you know if is there any way of "convert" the image after being taken in M-raw to make it compatible with denoise? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not possible. Denoise currently only works with raw files. You cannot convert an RGB file back to raw. That would be like converting a fried egg back to a raw egg again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahahaah yes, this is known, thank you. I might have not expressed well what I meant. But that's ok. Means that after taken in M-Raw (even if is still Cr3 or DNG) , there is not a way of convert to some extension that could possibible be written by Lr. To me is problematic and the function will never be used... I can't take full Raw (the size of the files are a waste of space for what I do). So I take all M-Raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahahaah yes, this is known, thank you. I might have not expressed well what I meant. But that's ok. Means that after taken in M-Raw (even if is still Cr3 or DNG) , there is not a way of convert to some extension that could possibible be written by Lr. To me is problematic and the function will never be used... I can't take full Raw (the size of the files are a waste of space for what I do). So I take all M-Raw. 

By @Priscila Maboni

I think you misunderstood my point. Despite its name, M-Raw is not raw. Raw is 'mosaiced', meaning that there is only one color per pixel. That is the only format that Denoise currently supports. M-Raw is not mosaiced, however. It's linear RGB, meaning it has three colors per pixel. And converting RGB to mosaiced is converting fried eggs to raw eggs.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I have two PCs and I see that same photo can be edited on one and cannot be edited on another.
Thus I suspect the issue is because of the hardware, not the pictures.

Moreover different camera pictures produce the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and have only just noticed it today after loading some images up to the computer. The funny thing is I shot the images in good old JPG  L Adobe RGB.

Any ideas on whats going on.

Cheers JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG is not yet supported for Denoise.

"Denoise is currently compatible only with Bayer and X-Trans mosaic RAW files. "
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/whats-new/2023-3.html#:~:text=Denoise%20is%20currently%20...

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was gettng the same error message.  I updated my nVidia graphics driver, and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

that the camera can shoot in that Format does not necessary mean that the photos are actually in this format. I would suggest to check the Format that is setup in the camera, try to use other Options, Update Firmware of the Camera and maybe play around with some other Filetypes on the Computer. Often Export and then Import photos again into Lightroom could fix those issues and cross check in which direction the solution could be. Hope that helps a bit.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines