• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New lightroom CC export settings?

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the newest of the new versions of Lightroom CC. I love what it can do, but I can not find where to export the photo in a higher resolution than the default settings? Every forum I've looked at is the older version. Nothing is matching the newer version, and I'm so lost. I want to export the photos in 300DPI for a client. If anyone has a step by step solution to this, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

You do mean LRCC, the new cloud-dependent program that starts up with a leaf on its splash screen? If so, there aren't any options other than those you can see. Its export choices are very limited, and as you've found you cannot see the DPI (just export the biggest JPEG you can), so except in very simple situations it's just not suitable for supplying images to clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt the majority of Lr users are actually "professionals". Look at the questions in the forums, they are mostly hobbyists like me. The reality is there really just not that many "professionals", and definitely not enough to support the software costs associated with Lr at the current price.

I used Lr Classic from 2013 till fall 2021 and have been on Lr since then.

I really like Lr, there are limitations with it. but they are worth it for the convience it offers me to work when traveling or on the move. Oh, less than 1% of my images are from phones; the rest from a series of Canon full frame bodies or now a Sony A7RIV.

In terms of sharing, look at the multiple availabe connections; they go way beyond the album sharing. If none meet your requirements, just export the images and post them whereever you did before when using Classic.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right! I agree with you. 

I was frustrated because i was on a deadline of sorts and once again by a glitchy product that 1) crashes too often, 2) that botched up its naming conventions so much that it is almost impossible to find an up-to-date, correct answer using google, 3) doesn't keep simple things like folders/albums/collections , 4) transfers some thiings - but not all - when syncing photos and........ here is the current frustration..... keeps me on hold for 20 minutes on Support, then takes 5 minutes to ask me questions, then tells me the problem is that  I need an updated version so i should hang-up and install the latest version. (I didn;t and told them i didn't but they insisted. Surprise! I was using the up-to-date version. .

It is an incredibly complex and feature filled product that is one-of-a-kind in many ways and i love it most of the time.. but they do not get the little things right too often and that causes a lack of confindence in users who  - like you and me - may be hobbyists, but put in hundreds of hours into our hobby and need to have confidence in a product. 

Thanks for talking me down! I will try to count to 10 in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This could be because I am in IT. However, I never switch to a new software product for a production system until I have run them simultaneously for a while to know the issues and limitations. The more critical it is, the longer I run both of them; even if more work.

I have been burned by software companies, and even had a few late nights myself caused by my own team, that I am very methodical on anything like this for which I have critical dependencies.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines