• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new to LR CC -can't find my photos

Contributor ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imported photos and can't figure out where they are stored on my iMac .

no right click to see in finder like classic CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

If you go into Preferences, on the Local Storage tab you'll see the location of images stored locally (in a .lrlibrary file). How many of your originals are stored locally depends on how much local storage space is allotted. The idea though, is for you to stay out of the library file! Other than setting in Preferences how much local space LR CC can use and what hard drive this should be on, the idea is that LR CC is a hands-off application when it comes to file management.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go into Preferences, on the Local Storage tab you'll see the location of images stored locally (in a .lrlibrary file). How many of your originals are stored locally depends on how much local storage space is allotted. The idea though, is for you to stay out of the library file! Other than setting in Preferences how much local space LR CC can use and what hard drive this should be on, the idea is that LR CC is a hands-off application when it comes to file management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have told my Mac book pc to search the cloud for the file name.  It gives me nothng. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Phil24814715xn8s   You would have to search within the Lightroom App.

Your post gives us 'next to nothing' information also to be able to give a better answer.

Please include the following in your questions:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura and Jim are spot on Kayak. They are always stored in the Cloud but you also can set a certain percentage to be stored locally (with the software working out what ones to store). You can also select individual images to store locally, believe that setting is in the info section for that photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines