• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie Needs Help - Error parsing the files (CR3)

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please excuse my ignorance, still VERY much a newbie here so go easy on me but having some real trouble getting LR to import my photos.

I've downloaded Adobe's DNG Converter but when I choose the folder to convert, it keeps coming back saying there's an 'error parsing the files' (CR3).

I've tried opening it in Canon's DPP4 software as well and it still won't recognise them.

I also tried formatting the SD card because there was also another message saying the files could have been damaged (when previewing) and still no luck.

I'm using the latest and most recent version of everything, the camera is literally a few weeks old (only just been getting around to playing with it the past week or so) with a new SD card as well. The file sizes are as expected for RAW and no anomolies.

What am I doing wrong? - It all works seemlessly in everybody else's tutorial, article, video, advice etc.

Help?

Thanks in advance,

A frustrated newbie,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your new camera supported by Lightroom ? Check in this link-

! SUPPORTED CAMERAS

If not supported- then even the DNG Converter will not convert. You would need to wait for future upgrades to Lightroom.

"files could have been damaged"- So that is not a good sign!

"Canon's DPP4 software .... won't recognise them." and also not good! That suggests a problem with the Camera or SD cards, or cables connected for a download to PC/Mac.

See a similar forum thread here-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/importing-files-quot-there-was-an-error...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines