• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noisy CR3/JPEG pictures

New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only been using LR a few days so bear with me.

I took some indoor group photos with my Canon RP with the image quality set to JPEG+RAW(CR3). The JPEG results were perfectly acceptable straight out of the camera but the RAW image processed in LR and exported to a large JPEG file look very grainy. Just for info the iso was 12800, F8, 1/60s. Am I doing something wrong? I also looked at some RAW files I took with my previous Canon 250D which all had ISO's in the low hundreds and they were all fine. Is it the high ISO causing the problem?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Hey, @ClydeM. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you out. As a quick answer, most cameras' high iso outputs are expected to be noisy.

The JPEG you get with JPEG+CR3 mode is simply a processed flat preview of the image shot for faster viewing purposes & other implementations. The raw image is expected to show an untouched/pure raw image.

In Lightroom, take your time to denoise & sharpening to deal with the noise. You've just started with Lightroom, give Ai-Denoise a try: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/whats-new/2023-3.html#denoise

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @ClydeM. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you out. As a quick answer, most cameras' high iso outputs are expected to be noisy.

The JPEG you get with JPEG+CR3 mode is simply a processed flat preview of the image shot for faster viewing purposes & other implementations. The raw image is expected to show an untouched/pure raw image.

In Lightroom, take your time to denoise & sharpening to deal with the noise. You've just started with Lightroom, give Ai-Denoise a try: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/whats-new/2023-3.html#denoise

Let me know how if this helps. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer, worked a treat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know that! Feel free to reach us again.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines