• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-duplicate Pics w/duplicate file names to Lightroom CC , LR Mobile & LR Desktop -concerns?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are planning on (& have already begun) adding Non-duplicate Pictures w/duplicate file names to Lightroom CC , LR Mobile & LR Desktop AND using different LR CC applications to import the raw photos (with duplicate names), any concerns, input thoughts?

Our team is interns, amateurs & me and we all use a rotating system of reformatting multiple memory cards with multiple cannon cameras.  The process to upload will have duplicate file names since cards reformatted start renumbering back to img_001.jpg for instance unless we modify our process.  I really would prefer not to change the handling process of cards & importing if we don't have to, enuff change is happening going to Adobe ecosystem & using multiple resources same equipment already is challenging..

Also, we input 80% from camera on one desktop, however 20% we do in field using memory card or camera directly to multiple chromebooks or  laptops ( basically either with Desktop LR CC, or web LR CC - different LR CC device applications are used to bring in photos).

Any feedback or ideas /concerns from experience would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stephanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a caution - This is fine if you are only using CC, but I suspect duplicate file names (non-duplicate photos) is causing me HUUUGE issues with syncing with Classic. Classic will retrieve the original file with that name, and replace the new photo with an old one of the same name. This eventually syncs all the way back to CC, leading to me having to reupload and avoid Classic altogether - which is less than ideal as I can't export my photos to my clients at the highest quality I need on CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @hollys82470313!  Thankfully, I'm finally CONSCIOUSLY NOT using LR Classic now on my primary desktop and LR CC is our primary app..Wondering if you don't mind elaborating on the "Can't get high resolution files out of sharing how you ensure a safe copy of your RAW files", I thought I'd be able to download images from LR CC photos that were raw source files, is this not so? 

Any feedback or ideas /concerns from experience would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines