• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Transferring edited images between devices

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just edited photos on my iPad, went to upload them to my Android and the edited photos only show up in the thumbnail.

Even when I try to upload the images from the thumbnail, it shows up on my device as the unedited version.

This is highly frustrating as I pay for a service Adobe gloats about and it isn't working.

Furthermore, I usually edit on my Android as it's my primary device. I noticed while editing on the iPad that the controls are a lot easier. On an Android half of the image is covered up while you're attending with the edit toggles. This is always made using Lightroom on my device seem like an app from 2008. It's impossible to see the full image while editing because half of your image is covered up and that defeats the purpose of seeing real-time decisions that you're making. I noticed that on the Apple device Lightroom acts like a normal editing app. When I'm editing I need to see something zoomed-in, detailed, the toggles completely disappear and instead a number from negative 100 to 100 discreetly appears on the screen so I have complete control over editing while I'm looking at the photo.

This is something Adobe is going to have to work at because it's not fair if you don't have this basic, useful feature on Androids.

It seems like Adobe isn't giving enough attention to the Android development and maybe that's why I can't use the app the way it's intended.

How can I view and upload my edits on my Android?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

I just spent close to 2 hours on the phone with Adobe support.

Unfortunately the majority of the time was spent with the support person putting me on hold and running and asking the supervisor questions. His conclusion: "Don't worry, it will sync soon. Keep logging off and on and checking."

We figured out a lot of things about Samsung Galaxys that neither I nor the agent cares about. And certainly nothing that had anything to do with answering my question.

After asking to speak to the supervisor 4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear how you are "uploading" your images from the iPad to your Android. With Lightroom there is no reason to do this. Make sure that the iPad and the Android are signed into the same account. You need a premium account or an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription for this to work. Everything is synced through the Lr ecosystem or cloud. What you edit on your iPad will automatically sync to the Android. If you have questions about the sync status you can log into your lightroom account at lightroom.adobe.com. Everything that has synced will show up there.

I can't answer your question about the Android editing UI without seeing what it looks like. I like to capture photos with my iPhone and edit on my iPad because I like the bigger screen and the iPad UI. I have played with the Google Chrome phone though, and it isn't much different than an iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I stated in the original question: "This is highly frustrating as I pay for a service Adobe gloats about and it isn't working."

So usually they're in the creative cloud and sync without an issue.

As I stated in the OQ, I see the edited photo in the thumbnail view on my Android but when I open the photo, the edit disappears.

I've restarted the app a few times, logged on and off, yet nothing is working.

What I mean by "uploading" is taking a photo from LR and saving it to my device, the Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeeton  wrote

Furthermore, I usually edit on my Android as it's my primary device. I noticed while editing on the iPad that the controls are a lot easier. On an Android half of the image is covered up while you're attending with the edit toggles. This is always made using Lightroom on my device seem like an app from 2008. It's impossible to see the full image while editing because half of your image is covered up and that defeats the purpose of seeing real-time decisions that you're making. I noticed that on the Apple device Lightroom acts like a normal editing app. When I'm editing I need to see something zoomed-in, detailed, the toggles completely disappear and instead a number from negative 100 to 100 discreetly appears on the screen so I have complete control over editing while I'm looking at the photo.

This is something Adobe is going to have to work at because it's not fair if you don't have this basic, useful feature on Androids.

What type of Android device are you using, and what version of LRCC is installed? I have an older Samsung phone running LRCC 4.2 and it basically operates in the same way as my iPhone and iPad, all in the way that you describe (move a slider and all the others disappear, with the value bar appearing above the image). The iOS implementation uses slightly more of the available screen space than the Android, but there's little to choose between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimWilde

I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+ (Oreo update) running LR v4.2.1.

It's really glitchy. Sometimes I need to zoom in when editing in order to make sure the edit looks natural. These are the times when the app seems to act up the most. Also when editing photos taken in portrait orientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just spent close to 2 hours on the phone with Adobe support.

Unfortunately the majority of the time was spent with the support person putting me on hold and running and asking the supervisor questions. His conclusion: "Don't worry, it will sync soon. Keep logging off and on and checking."

We figured out a lot of things about Samsung Galaxys that neither I nor the agent cares about. And certainly nothing that had anything to do with answering my question.

After asking to speak to the supervisor 4 times, every time being met with, "Let's try one more thing," I finally was transferred.

The supervisor handled it in 3 minutes.

What was the solution? Clearing the cache!!!

Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines