• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old version Lightroom Activation, Update, Update from Lightroom 5

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old version Lightroom 5 with the serial and I wanted to know and can I update it to new versions.

I can do it?

Can I get a discount for the latest versions?

Or can I just use version 5 with no chance?

Can't you buy a software license anymore and that's it without subscribing?
I have to say that Adobe support is really bad. No possibility to communicate with anyone, except here in the community.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

{Thread title edited by Moderator)

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

The simple answer is that you cannot purchase an upgrade for Lightroom 5 from Adobe, you can only take out a subscription. 

I suppose it might be possible to purchase an upgrade license for Lightroom 6 via non-Adobe sources, but even that might be difficult as Lightroom 6 became obsolete almost 5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

There is really nothing available for updating Lightroom 5. If you don't want to subscribe you will have to just keep using what you have. There is no discount for the latest versions. Lightroom 5 is obsolete, not supported by Adobe. The technology is notably outdated. There are so many new features in the new Lightroom Classic. It isn't just a matter of supporting new cameras. Lightroom Classic (which is the upgraded/updated Lightroom 5) is a dramatically changed and improved application. It is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer is that you cannot purchase an upgrade for Lightroom 5 from Adobe, you can only take out a subscription. 

I suppose it might be possible to purchase an upgrade license for Lightroom 6 via non-Adobe sources, but even that might be difficult as Lightroom 6 became obsolete almost 5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is really nothing available for updating Lightroom 5. If you don't want to subscribe you will have to just keep using what you have. There is no discount for the latest versions. Lightroom 5 is obsolete, not supported by Adobe. The technology is notably outdated. There are so many new features in the new Lightroom Classic. It isn't just a matter of supporting new cameras. Lightroom Classic (which is the upgraded/updated Lightroom 5) is a dramatically changed and improved application. It is only available by subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines