• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Creative Cloud Photo Collection in Bridge and Lightroom Classic?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lightroom CC picture collection on the cloud with Adobe CC, which I normally open and edit with Lightroom CC.

Can I open and edit the same collection with Lightroom Classic and Adobe Bridge, while having the edits synced on the cloud?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you would need to do-

1) Open your Lightroom-Classic catalog. 

2) In Preferences > Lightroom Sync:  Set a FOLDER location for downloading photos from the Adobe Cloud. Also set a 'Date' format if wanted.

3) Turn on the [SYNC] in Lightroom-Classic in the Cloud icon (top-right). (Note: You can only 'Sync' one LrC Catalog.)

Now LrC will be automatically downloading (copies) of all your 'Cloud' photos. (You cannot choose or specify individual Albums)

You will be able to Develop these in LrC and the edits will sync back up to the Adobe Cloud for all mobile Lr versions.

Bridge will be able to view the files that have downloaded in the Folder hierarchy you defined in Step#2 above. BUT a warning- Do NOT move, rename, delete, files or folders in Bridge- It will corrupt the LrC catalog with 'Missing' folders and files.

My advice- Abandon Bridge! Use only the LrC Catalog, if you have the Cloud sync working.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your help. I have to say that this feels far more confusing than it should be, especially given how much Adobe prides itself on seamless integration between it's tools.

Regrettably, using Bridge to access my cloud through a local folder doesn't seem to be an option for me at the moment. This is because my point to use CC is to not let my database clutter hard drives, as well as leaving behind any risk to compromise the files physically stored on my computer.

It's shocking how Adobe Bridge is completely left out of the cloud sync game at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines