• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom for Mobile: Lost files and/or Presets after uninstalling/reinstalling App

Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article applies to Lightroom for iOS, iPadOS, Android, and ChromeOS.

Your account at Adobe is based upon an Adobe ID (email address). Many people have accumulated more than one Adobe ID so make sure which Adobe ID is associated with your currently logged in session on your devices and any subscription(s) you may have at Adobe. Many missing asset issues can be resolved by correcting the Adobe ID.

Uninstalling and reinstalling an application on a mobile device such as iOS or Android follows the prescribed app removal process of the individual devices’ OS and is solely at the mercy of the OS. When you uninstall an App from a device, all the applications support files are removed as well.

In the case of Lightroom Mobile this can include:

• Images taken with the LrM in-app camera
  • Images imported into the LrM app
  • Edits performed using the LrM app
  • Presets installed into the LrM app

Recovery of these items depends upon your status as a subscribed-customer and/or your backup status via your device’s OS-level backup. 

If you are a subscribed customer who is fully synced with Adobe’s Cloud (note your synced status: “Synced and Backed up” will be indicated by tapping on the cloud icon) and not over your storage quota, you can uninstall without risk. Once you reinstall, log in using your subscribed Adobe ID and go online. Your images, edits and presets will sync back to your device.

If you are subscribed customer who is not fully synced with Adobe’s Cloud (note your synced status is not: “Synced and Backed up” when tapping on the cloud icon), any files, edits and presets which are not synced from your device to the cloud will be unrecoverable from Adobe after reinstallation of the LrM App. This includes files which have not synced due to the account being over its storage quota. Normally synced files should download again once you’ve logged on with the correct Adobe ID and are online.

If you are not a subscribed customer, or are a previously subscribed customer who no longer subscribes, all files, edits, and presets are not recoverable if you uninstall the LrM App and reinstall it. Your ability to recover these items will require that you've made a backup using the device operating system or a back up to a desktop computer in order to restore your file.  (e.g. using I-tunes backup to restore the app from a PC)

Ultimately, uninstalling any application on any device can put your files at risk. Regular backups are a way to mitigate this but, barring a regular backup, keeping backup opies of purchased presets and creating copies of edited files will help ensure you don’t accidentally delete a needed file if you are not a fully-synced customer.  

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did the data like photos and presets that I had previously disappeared after I did a reinstall? 

any suggestions regarding this case? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a subscription, and were the photos safely synced to the cloud? 

When you say you reinstalled, you deleted the app and then you installed it again? If so, the local data would have been deleted. If you were synced to the cloud, as long as you signed back in with the same Adobe ID, they'd have downloaded again. If they weren't synced, your only recovery option would be a backup of your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i lost my mobile presets after uninstalling et reinstalling lightroom

tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom? If you use the free version of Lightroom Mobile, then this is expected. When you uninstall an app, you also uninstall its data, and the free version does not sync its data to the cloud. If you use any other version of Lightroom, this should not happen.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! So I've tried to reinstall lightroom after acidentally deleting it. (It's data is on an external storage before being deleted). After reinstalling, all photos are gone. What happened to the photos? Can it still be recovered in some way or is the app data really gone forever? I don't know what was the extent of syncing. I really need to know because I have a lot of important edited photos. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using and on what device?

Can you check Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom  to see if your photos made it to the Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC v3.5.1. My phone isGalaxy J7 Prime. My account was not premium.

My photos didn't get to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything on the device at this location:

/Android/data/com.adobe.lrmobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one but it is in the SD Card and there seems to be no file inside. There are a lot of files in the lost.dir and i don't know if it's from lightroom. Does the files there have any relation to lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom on my iPhone and have purchased presets through Digi Girls. I recently switched phone networks, but kept the same phone. I was logged out of the Lightroom app and now when I log in, my purchased presets are not there. Anyone know of a way to get them back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your presets from Lightroom mobile app have gone missing after you reinstalled the app. 

Could you please check if your presets and images are on Lightroom Web? Link: https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain what you mean by switched phone networks. From what I can see is that you are using a free-version of Lr without syncing. Therefore a network change should not have such a negativ impact. Could it be that you re-installed the Lr app? Hope to ge a clue about your issue soon. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

After having issues with Mojave update, I reinstalled everything on my Mac.  When reopening CC and LR Classic, there are no presets.  Not even the stock standard default LR presets.  Anyone else with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you already have some images in Lightroom? Lightroom will not show any presets if you don't.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I wanted to check my latest pictures in the Lightroom CC app on my mobile. Instead of showing the picture it says "Entwicklungsversion nicht verfügbar" (Sorry I don't know what the equivalence in English would be, something like "Developingversion not available")

I tried to download the pictures as well with the desctop app for windows, so it's recommended on Adobe's website, but they say my library is empty. On my phone have been in total over 160 pictures.

I thought maybe a reinstallation of the app would solve the problem of the missing "developingversion", but after doing so and logging in I found exactly 0 pictures in my app.

Can somebody help me to get my pictures back or explain to me what happened?

Thanks in advance.

Renke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a web browser to go to the link below and sign-in to the LR Web app which should reflect what is in the cloud.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it says again, that my library is empty as currently in the app.

In that case can you answer me the question, where the pictures have been stored before, if not on the phone and not in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All photos imported into the app on mobile device, web or desktop get automatically uploaded to the cloud. So you must have deleted all photos from the cloud and your devices but this is only possible after a warning – see image below.

DeletePhotos-LRCC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen a warning like this, and I'm really surprised that it says my library is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I can't find my presets in app. When I inadvertently deleted the app and then reinstalled it. Can I find the original presets I bought? Also I forgot when I bought this presets. 
Can you help me with this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Adobe subscription, are are you using the free version of the Lightroom mobile app? If the latter, the only way you would be able to restore your pictures and presets would be if you have an iTunes or iCloud backup of the iPhone taken before your deleted and reinstalled the app.

If you have a subscription, everything should have synced to the cloud and should therefore automatically restore to the phone when you reinstalled the Lightroom app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my presets and I had hundreds of them saved in my Lightroom app. Does anyone know how to recover these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought mine were gone too! But upload photo then click preset, then click library and then scroll down to user presets 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! You’re a lifesaver I found it. Thank you so much!--
Deanna Rogers
Owner/President
ClassyKidsSC.com
(864)630-5497

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines