• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Magenta/Pink color cast when exporting raw images from Lightroom Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the software update ie. only recently, when I process an image, it looks perfect until I try EXPORT it, at which point it automatically acquired a terrible red tint. 

(Shooting with a Nikon Z6. Processing on a 2019 Macbook air (retina) fyi)

Tried changing the colour space in the export window. Same red tint result for all colour space options. 

PLEASE HELP!

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, NMB-17412}
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Adobe is aware of the issue and is trying to resolve the problem. I suggest you follow at this link.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-destkop-magenta-cast-on-export-nikon-z6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not resolved. Any ideas, Guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem,  (LR 3.3) the pictures seems to be perfect but after export the red is oversaturated !!!

(Nikon D500 Processed with iMac retina 2019).  My option is reduce red saturation at a minimum but it would be desirable that Adobe give any solution/answer .. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you using to view the JPEG export files. Do they look OK when viewed back in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The change occurs at the moment you includes watermark which becomes a little bluered and the red is oversatured, also the definition looks a little pixeled. The use of the sliders (LR) is coarse.

Looking back in LR looks perfect but the export one has poor quality.

I export to an file in the desk (iMac retina 2019) and open the file exported in the same computer.

As reference I had been using LR 2015.3 some years with an iMac 27" (2009) and OS X el Capitan 10.11.6 with excelent quality but this LR 3.3 has poor quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this problem report, which may be the cause of what you're seeing:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-destkop-magenta-cast-on-export-niko...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit> Preferences> Performance and set 'Use Graphics Processor' to 'Off.' Restart LR and check the file again in the Edit module. You may need to adjust the WB and other settings. If the image looks the same. You have other issues.  Go to Help> About Lightroom. What LR version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd: after deactivating the graphic processor the result is the same (Red oversaturated)

I´m using Version 3.3  (2 months ago subscription ) Version 20200611-1039-7df19f1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Todd_Shaner

Thank you for that reply. I set my 'use graphics processor' to OFF and it still exports with the red tint. So this didn't solve it for me. 

Intesting how @yeldezia

Below, also experienced this with a Z6 (Nikon). Wondering now, if that's the key - perhaps a change require on the camera?

I'm now a little reluctant to go and change the monitor profile, in case I change something there that didn't need 'fixing'! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the directions at the below link to determine if you have a corrupted monitor profile. Once completed make sure to close and then restart LR so it can load the new display profile. As mentioned previously, you may now need to adjust the WB and other settings in the Edit module.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue (LR 3.3, Nikon Z6, Mac Pro, processing RAW files) and it just appeared with the recent upgrade.  I tried the steps outlined for a corrupt monitor profile and that didn't work.  The picture looks fine when editing, but when I export, the export preview has a strong magenta hue.  I also noticed that the preview image in the film strip has the magenta hue too but never the big image I'm editing.  

Interestingly, I've found that if I leave the white balance untouched ("As Shot"), I don't have the magenta hue on export.  But, as soon as I change the temp or tint by even 1 unit, the magenta hue shows up.  This obviously isn't a viable workaround, but I mention it because the behavior sounds like a bug.

Lastly, I don't notice the issue on JPGs, just RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! So leaving the White Balance 'as shot' - WORKS!

but it does prevent the use of the White balance adjustment, which is fairly often used. 

But thank you, for this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Interestingly, I've found that if I leave the white balance untouched ("As Shot"), I don't have the magenta hue on export."

I can't duplicate the issue as you've outlined, but I'm on Windows 10. It appears this may be a Mac only issue. Can anyone else test this on a Windows 10 system and see if the issue can be duplicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more testing.  The issue is only happening to RAW images shot on my Nikon Z6.  RAW images from my old Nikon D90 are exporting without the magenta hue.

Also, as a workaround, I've found that subtracting about 75 units from tint (towards the green end) will get close to what you'd expect.  I've been making my edits, saving as a version, then creating a second version for export with the tint adjustment.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this input. I wonder if the Z6 requires an update to match the V3.3 Lightroom update??

I'll try my D300 and revert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a white balance settings issue with the Z6 camera profiles, but that was fixed in LR Classic 8.2 and LR Desktop 2.2 (see below). I'm using LR Desktop 3.3 and can not duplicate the red tint in export files. I'll need to see one of the Z6 NEF with your settings that exhibits the issue.

From inside LR Desktop click on the Export icon in the upper right-hand corner and select 'Export Original (Original + Settings).' Upload the exported .NEF and .XMP files to Dropbox or other file sharing site and place the share link(s) in a reply here. I'll see if I can duplicate the issue.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-reports-nikon-z6-raw-processing-and-adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, thanks for your help.  Here's a link to a file as requested.  I also included two screen shots, one from the LR develop module (looks fine) and the other from the export preview window which shows the magenta tint.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NSy4VUceFVNRi3aGWQBF92MJKvEi2pk0?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you yeldezia. Please see my reply in this post that Adobe has acknowledged the issue and is working on a solution.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/horrible-red-tint-when-exporting-from-raw/m-p/11247233#M288...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any of you using a Windows 10 system or are you all on Mac systems? Also please let me konw what OS X version you're using if on a Mac and the LR version (Go to Help About Lightroom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac Retina 5K, 27" 2019;  macOS Catalina version 10.15.3; LR verson 3.3 20200611 .. .

A solution please ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completey broken. A real show stopper.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.3 on macOS 10.15.5 here.

No matter if I export JPG, TIFF with sRGB, Adobe RGB or even ProPhoto RGB the export never ever matches the colours of the edit in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.3.

In my case Fuji X100V (.RAF) and Canon EOS R (.CR3) files. I don't get what I see, totally not usable at the moment.

Same files in Capture One. Exported colours (depening on the settings of course) are looking exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged the issue in the Photoshop Family forum and is working on a fix. I suggest adding your 'Me To' vote and 'Follow' at the below link.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-destkop-magenta-cast-on-export-niko...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing similar problem with the new version of PS v21.2. It could be connected. 

When I export from LR to jpeg all is good, but when I try to open from LR to PS I get this colour shift as seen from the image below. If I open from LR to PS 20.0.9 the colours are correct. Seems a problem of the new update. I havent touched my settings...

Annotation 2020-06-30 102620.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Lightroom (cloud based) v3.3 on a Macbook Pro 16" (2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9,

AMD Radeon Pro 5600M with 8GB graphics, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, running latest version of Catalina 10.15.5). Upon exporting photos, several (seems random) images are rendered with a pink/magenta hue. 

It looks like this only happens when exporting from Macbook Pros. I tried a varient of the same model of Macbook Pro and the same result - some images rendered with a pink hue. 

When I export the same images using a 2018 iPad Pro the images come out with my edits as expected and no pink hue. I've attached copies of the images. One is an export from my Macbook Pro and the other is from the iPad Pro. Both are using the exact same image, no other edits have been made to the image. And both are exported with the same file profile - JPEG, full size, 100%, screen sharpening (standard amount), sRGB profile. 

I can already confirm that it is NOT a monitor issue as I can see the pink hue on differing devices (Macbook, iPad, iPhone, Samsung TV). Even though both the iPad and Macbook Pro have a Display P3 gamut, I'm convinced it has something to do with the way Lightroom is rendering these photos on my Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could upload the original NEF and XMP file. If we can test it ourselves it may help you to isolate the problem. Otherwise it could be a profile problem with the MBP which Apple may need to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines