• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: What’s happened to Depth Capture & Long Exposure Tech Previews on iPhone?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know long exposure mode is a tech preview but have been using successfully for last few years and up until yesterday. 

Opened newly updated app today (v.8.4.0) on iPhone 14 Pro and appears to have disappeared? Am I missing something? Where is this incredibly productive feature to be found?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Greetings,

Long Exposure and Depth Capture have been removed from the Lightroom Mobile Apps.

Adobe tests and experiments with potential features as Tech Previews from time to time in Lightroom Mobile. Not all of those features are eventually released as full-fledged features within the App. Effective with versions 8.4 of Lightroom Mobile these features are no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Long Exposure and Depth Capture have been removed from the Lightroom Mobile Apps.

Adobe tests and experiments with potential features as Tech Previews from time to time in Lightroom Mobile. Not all of those features are eventually released as full-fledged features within the App. Effective with versions 8.4 of Lightroom Mobile these features are no longer available.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply and would like to express my deep disappointment about long exposure mode being removed and only hope it will be fully implemented soon. As a tool for creatove photography within lightroom itself I found it really really great and practiced much of my mobile icm abstract photography with great effect. Hope you will pass on my 5 star appreciation of that mode to the relevant team and look forward to its reappearance soon. Meantime, I have workarounds but will miss the ease this mode offered within the app itself. 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it’s worth the app Spectre works really well for this. You can also change Live Photos to long exposure in the Apple Photos app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input and have recently been using the app ReeXpose which has some more advanced long expo features and saves out as RAW. Still miss the LR feature all the same for those quick and easy grabs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao, does Reexpose enable icm photo like did LRmobile? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dario, yes it does. Been using a couple months now and has some really nice features as well as much longer exposure times. Would recommend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you!! I miss this function so much, but I think it will not come back again.... so sad! Greetings, Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I was jarred when I went to a local waterfall and found that long exposure mode had been eliminated it. I used it so much and for so long with good results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you bud .. little Nick and nacks like that really were nice supllimentals for proof of concept and experimentation with a very low low expectation of it making it past any initial culling .. it has been a great indirect tool to becoming more capable and less rigid with exponential i'm kind of in a dire situation because my my own camera broke so I've been like in a state of panic trying to hold it together until I get a replacement and I'm like drawing every striking draw just to keep my mind my sanity I'll see if I can send a photo to illustrate. Just how desperate I'm getting lol. The only thing I have in my possession it takes photos that works. Is it iPhone SE third generation, so I am strapping a piece of broken into regular infrared lens glass 72 nm and I'll tell you what do you light room camera app does a phenomenal job with a white balance. In fact it was a better in camera white balance adjustment then my Sony RX 10 Mark forward it and I'm just gonna duct I'm gonna duck keep the shard of glass right on top of it. It actually works but you gotta be really careful about not letting extra light seeping  just an idea it's really fun, especially when you can do the white balance in Camera I highly encourage. If a 3 Gen one lens iPhone SE can get the shot the newer ones should excel 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queremos que vuelvan los modos de cámara que eliminaron de esta última actualización, son extremadamente buenos y me alientan a seguir usando la app 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rikk,

Thank you for clearing this up. It's good to have the mystery of What happened to the Long Exposure Camera in Lightroom Mobile? finaly solved. 

As a long time Adobe subscriber and advocate, it's very disappointing, however, that a function of the mobile app (test phase or not) that has been available for nearly 3 years, is suddenly and unceremoniously removed from the Lightroom Mobile app, without, seemingly, any regard for the countless number of users who have come to appreciate this function.

Your explanation that Adobe does "tech previews" from time to time is not really an adequate explanation for the removal of the tool. Did Long Exposure not work? Did the "preview" period of nearly three years yield data indicating that it couldn't be supported long-term? It seems to have been functioning great for a long time. Why not make it a permanent part of the app instead of removing it without any notice? That's not a rhetorical question! I'd really like to know!

And, also, in the What's New info about this latest update that removed this feature, a lot was discussed about what was added, but there was no mention whatsoever of the removal of the Long Exposure camera or the Depth Capture camera, leaving most of us to wonder if it was really gone or if the switch to enable it just moved to a new hidden location. The least Adobe could have done is acknowledge upfront that they'd removed these features. I, for one, have spent a lot of time and energy trying to understand what happened to this feature. Two calls to Adobe yielded no explanation, as the two support people I spoke with had not a clue about the mobile app. 

I've found this feature to be unmatched in the mobile app world. (Yes, I'm aware of other apps that can provide a long exposures, but few do it by compiling a huge number of DNG files for a very high quality resulting image like the Lightroom tool did.) I've sung it's praises to my clients for about three years and I've created How To videos that feature this function. 

It's a shame, and very disappointing, that a company with world-class, best-in-class, technology seems to be so disconnected to its subscribers. I guess when a company's that big and that good, and essentially the only game in town, it can do whatever it wants with little to no regard for its paying customers and supporters. 

Who might fans of this tool write to request that it be reinstated? I'll be the first to make that request and start a campaign to bring it back!

Thanks for the information about the change and for your help. You seem to be in the minority among your peers and I'm grateful for your response above.

Best,

Rad

https://www.raddrewphotography.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the request page: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-bring-back-long-exposure-mode... 

If you want to rally votes - that link would be the place to go. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great reply Rad and strongly seconded. My default mode for LR camera with widget placed prominently on EVERY home page on my phone to never miss and opportunity for ICM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last update deleted the capabilitie D; can't believe its 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long Exposure was a 'Technology Preview'. As such, there was no guarantee that it would remain part of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, en la nueva actualización 8.4 no encuentro por ningún lado la opción de larga exposición para capturar fotos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, j'ai installé la nouvelle version de Lightroom Mobile sur mon iPhone 12, malheureusement je ne trouve plus la fonction pose longue qui se trouvait normalement dans l'onglet Aperçus de technologie.

Est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait m'aider ?

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really dissapointed! Long exposures was an excellent feature and now , after many years, it has been removed!!Adobe please release it soon, thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3199.jpeg

What's happened to the great tool on the Lightroom app to take the long exposures it's just disappeared so I just cannot find it anymore. I wanted to use it the other day I couldn't use it started to do some great shots with it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh please, bring it back!

I was so happy to use it when I got my new iPhone 14PRO but found out it's not available anymore 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines