Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo missing updated settings from another client

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I edited a photo in Lightroom on my PC. I then downloaded it on my phone through the Lightroom app.

Now, when I open the photo on my PC the settings are gone - it shows the original photo. When I click on the "edit" icon this message pops up:

"This photo is missing updated settings from another client that need to be downloaded before it can be edited. If you would like to edit the image imediately you can reset all settings."

When I hoover the mousepointer over the cloud-icon it says "synced and backed up"

On the app on my phone, the image is edited.

How do I recover the edited image on my PC?

(In the app on my phone it also says that everything is synced and backed up)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim Eirikg,

Could you please let us know what process did you use to download the image onto your phone, did you export the image and then moved it to the phone or did you sync the image from Lightroom CC desktop to your mobile device?

Also, which exact version of Lightroom CC and operating system are you working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying!

I opened the image in the LR-app on my phone, and then i used the "save to device"-option.

I'm using windows on my laptop, if that's what you're asking. I have recently installed Lightroom CC on my laptop, so i'm guessing I have the newest version of it.

I came to think of: I recently installed and logged onto Lightroom CC on my cousins laptop, just to show him some things in the program. I did not open the image I now have trouble with recovering. I logged out of Loghtroom (and Creative Cloud) from my cousins laptop - but can maybe this be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I had originally made edits on my phone, then switched to my computer. I didn't like them so I reset all the edits and started over. Then I was scrolling through some other pics and went back to the one I just edited and then it said the same thing:

"This photo is missing updated settings from another client that need to be downloaded before it can be edited. If you would like to edit the image imediately you can reset all settings."

I then opened it up on my phone and it was only the version that I edited on my phone. Went back to my computer and now it's that version. How can I recover the other version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it looks like you have the exact same issue. Maybe it's an error in the link between the mobile App and the actual program on the PC. But one should think that this would be a common issue among users of both systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I might be having a similar issue. This makes the cloud-based workflow pretty useless as any attempts to use more then one device simply result in synching errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever get solved? I am having this same issue today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, started after updating LR on my desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah same for me was all good until the update now I can't get anything to work, support haven't helped at all 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Adobe customer support. They've been unhelpful for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hugely frustrating Adobe. Need work-around ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone mentioned either on this post or another one I have been looking at that you can change the white balance by 1 and it will then force the settings to sync. After trying this it actually does work, its a ball ache but it works. 

To do this on mac I just used Automater and had a set of commands that I recorded that would click the white balance go to the end delete the last diget and replace it with a 1 (from 5000 to 5001), I then added a loop segment to Automater so it would continuasly do this. 

Again I know its not the best solution but it works and I have actually been able to get my edits done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks David. Automator is beyond my skill set, but i get the point. Oddly, sometimes when i make a little tweak to WB, stuff syncs. Sometimes not. Very disappointing. I've never had this problem before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This automated shortcut is absolutely legendary. My fingers are at ease now! Any more shortcuts feel free to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone figure this out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me today. The error says it's waiting for updated settings from my own laptop; nothing to do with mobile lightroom afaik (in my case anyways).

Also stuck at 380 Downloading in sync and it won't move.

Did a "rebuild sync data" and it doesn't help 

I wouldn't mind, but it's half-broken my sync to those mobile apps as well. It takes days for the pictures that are on my laptop to sync to my phone or iPad, both were near instant previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to this. The sync activity list in the preferences has a list of the links to lightroom.adobe.com, when I click the links the files themselves randomly say they are waiting settings from my laptio, but some randomly dont.

When I now import more photos in to lightroom it doesn't upload the files at all. Hovering over the sync icon shows two items are syncing, when indeed the sync activity list has 380 downloading, 0 uploading. 

I think it's pretty bad for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it would be worthwhile for others to update this again. Seems that the problematic files for me are the ones with duplicate file names. I had "rename" files set in import, but at some point it had turned off. Now I just need to go over the files and delete one of them (or rename..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A followup. Renaming the conflicting files did definetely NOT help with the situation. Now my Sync Activity is full of links to lightroom.adobe.com (like previously), except this time i cannot click the links. So if you run into this situation maybe not try with I did. 

I'm only following up incase someone stumbles upon this with search. Sorry for the threa-hijacking nature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL an issue. I spent a good 2-3hrs editing 2 photos last night and exported them fine. I went onto Lightroom mobile on my iPhone to download with different crop settings for a wallpaper. As soon as I changed the crop ratio the message came up saying "Waiting for settings" and all I can do is reset. I've tried all the troubleshooting to no success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 5 years later and this is still happening 🤦‍:male_sign: has anyone had a successful fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines