• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos go dark but are not deleted

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I add photos from my camera. I go through them and edit the ones I want to keep and press to delete the others. Then they go dark to indicate deleted. I come to do some more today and the ones I deleted are still there. Why? So I buy more cloud storage space? I don't even want them on cloud anyway I have plenty of HD space on my end.

Can anyone advise? Many thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how it is relevant here, but sure:

Lightroom version: 4.3 x64 [ 20210526-1005-d4527c2 ] (May 26 2021)
NGL Version: 1.25.0.7
WF Version: 3.3 db8e41c
VF Version: 0.1.34
HIL Version: 40400
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: Windows 10 Home (2009)
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-7B84 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 3.8 GHz
Built-in memory: 16309.7 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16309.7 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1809.7 MB (11.0%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3919.9 MB
Memory cache size: 0.0 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.3 [ 807 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 7
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1111MB / 8154MB (13%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1112MB / 16309MB (6%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (30.0.14.7111) - 12 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, al: Yes, dl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what it looks like:

https://ibb.co/HnLv1GQ

The images I deleted yesterday are dark but still available. So I now have to go through them all again and re-delete to send them to trash, then empty trash. I don't see why they weren't deleted the first time. It wouldn't be an issue but then Adobe wants me to by more "cloud" space lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how did you fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first delete an image it goes into a temporary "recently deleted" collection for a waiting period. They will eventually completely delete on their own. This is to help prevent users from accidentally deleting images. You can delete the images in the recently deleted collection any time you want.

If you have plenty of HD space and don't want your photos in the cloud you should use Lightroom Classic instead of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I don't even want them on cloud anyway I have plenty of HD space on my end.

You should really not be using Lightroom Cloudy/Desktop but you should be using Lightroom Classic. Lightroom Cloudy like you are using is built around cloud storage. All images hsve to be in the cloud. If you don't want this, use Lightroom Classic. It is much more full featured than Cloudy Lightroom and also stores all its images locally on your hard drive instead of in the cloud, and only syncs those images you want to the cloud. Adobe's marketing materials are very opaque around this and they should never have called these two programs by the same name as it just causes so much confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, @Theresa J already made this point!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines