• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview photos and photo results are different when using the lightroom camera.

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
I just tried using the camera from adobe lightroom CC with pro mode on iphone 11.

But what I feel, when I've taken a shot. The results from the preview shots and when I see them in the lightroom gallery have different results.

Really appreciate if you have a solution to this problem.

Thank You.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Irul 

You are correct, there can be differences in appearance between the capture preview and the resulting DNG image that LR Camera saves.  The preview image image shown is a JPG thumbnail that the OS APIs deliver to our camera.  JPG images are processed, but DNGs are not.  Upon saving DNG images from the LR camera to one's LR library, a basic camera profile is applied (Adobe Default), which you can see & change in the app Settings under Import.  Adobe Default and even Camera Settings used as Raw default settings will apply profiles to help DNGs look better than completely unprocessed raw images.  However, these simply will look different than the heavily processed JPGs displayed as preview images.

I find myself using HDR Mode even in situations without a lot of contrast, as I usually like the results. (I also always save the "original" image which is an in-camera setting.).

I've noticed on newer, larger camera sensors in the last few generations of iPhone, the DNGs can often appear overexposed relative to what the camera viewfinder depicted.  This is again a platform issue, where the video that iOS provides the camera viewfinder is designed to have different display characteristics vs the full raw data that DNG captures get.  In Pro and Auto mode, I often drag my finger left across the camera screen to use Exposure Compensation to decrease exposure a notch or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha I got it, thanks for your explain Charlie and thanks for your time. Really appreciate about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines