• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about different Adobe plans and which might fit my workflow best?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional wedding photographer and have been using Lightroom Classic + grandfathered version of photoshop for a while now, strictly on my desktop, with local storage.

Then I got Sony A7IV and quickly found out that the raw files from my new camera were not supported on older versions of Lightroom. I have been forced to upgrade.

I am not looking at the different plans Adobe has to offer and am not sure which will suit my needs the best. I am between the standard photography plan (Lightroom + PS with 20GB) or the Lightroom 1TB plan.

With the 20GB plan, I really like the idea of doing occasional sorting/editing on my iPad Pro, on the go, but then am unsure of what it would look like to sort/edit a project bigger than 20GB (as is the case more often than not with weddings) on mobile and then transfer to desktop. Do I only get the first 20GB on all my devices? Can I edit a whole (bigger than 20GB) library locally on iPad and then open that same catalog on my desktop? If I am doing projects as big as weddings, do I HAVE to go to the 1TB plan?

Any guidance would be appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am doing projects as big as weddings, do I HAVE to go to the 1TB plan?

NOT the "Lightroom Plan 1TB", instead you want the "Photography Plan 1TB".

2022-04-12 09_45_57-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,

Thanks for the info. I thought about the "Photography" 1TB plan over just Lightroom-- but then I thought that if I want to use photoshop on iPad I could just download something like Affinity Photo for iPad for a one time price. I already have a grandfathered PS that I am able to use on my desktop. What do you think about that setup? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the "Lightroom 1TB" plan you will not only lose Photoshop (Desktop) but also lose Lightroom-Classic on the Desktop!

The "Photography Plan 1TB" gives you EVERYTHING you need!  (Lightroom-Classic, Lightroom-Desktop, Lightroom on all mobile devices, Photoshop-Desktop, Photoshop-iPad, and the other Creative Cloud 'perks'.)

And consider how many weddings will it take to fill the Cloud 1TB, before you need to buy more Cloud storage?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines