• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit in Photoshop" is Grayed Out

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select two images, the option "Edit in Photoshop" is grayed out. When I select only one image, it works fine. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 11.43.54 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

I think at present it’s only possible to open one at a time in PS. LR CC sends a tiff copy.  Open the first, then return to LR CC and open the second. Both tiff files will remain open in PS in separate tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think at present it’s only possible to open one at a time in PS. LR CC sends a tiff copy.  Open the first, then return to LR CC and open the second. Both tiff files will remain open in PS in separate tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for quick answer.

Yes, I tried to open them one by one, but the problem is that in Photoshop I need them in stack (as opposed to in different tabs) - I have some masking and retouching to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the one you wish to composite. Then use Ctrl+A (select all) followed by Crtl+C (copy)

Move to the second tab and press Ctrl+V (you may need to scale if different sizes)

Both will be stacked and you can drag then up or down the layers pallet if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon Do you know if this has been resolved? I noticed I am still unable to select multiple photos and bring them into Photoshop as layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still one at a time from Lightroom Cloud but you can copy/paste to create the layers once the files are open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to switch back to Lightroom Classic so I don't run into the problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound stupid but how does one do that? I purchased Lightroom CC and Photoshop together recently. I'm having a big problem importing the files as layers from LR to PS and now apparently there IS no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I really hate that we can't move multiple images. I am a professional and I need to edit more than one at once. Why keep two versions of the program operational why not just make the newest version work for professionals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

That does not address the problem, it is Lightroom CC or Lightroom Mobile or Lightroom that cannot open multiple files into Photoshop. This issue is not addressed in the link.

Thanks

Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reply from Mohit refers to Lightroom-Classic, and not Lightroom, (as is the theme of this thread).

Currently it is still not possible to 'Open as Layers' in Ps from Lightroom-Desktop.

Two work-arounds:

1) As in a previous post- Open each (one by one) as separate documents in Ps, then Copy&Paste, or Drag&Drop to stack into layers.

2) Select multiple files in Lr and 'Export' to desktop, then in Ps use the command: [File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack].

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines