• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial Gradient in Lightroom CC Version 4.1 Controls Not Responding

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm on a Macbook Air, Catalina OS, and have been using Lightroom CC since June 2020. Today I watched the tutorial on using Radial Gradient, but when using it I find that the RG controls don't have any observable effects while in RG mode, when the RG is clicked off to view the results, one can view the results which are terrible of course, not being able to observe the adjustments in progress. 

I hope I've given enough info for your diagnosis - Thanks, Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

You've probably still got the mask overlay showing when you make the adjustments. Press the "O" key to toggle the overlay off, then you'll see the effect as you make adjustments. There are 4 different states that the "O" key will cycle through (Show Tool Overlay, Show Mask Overlay, Show Tool & Mask Overlays, Hide Overlays)....you need one of the first 3 to draw the mask, then you need the last one to see the adjustments as you make them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

You do not have to hide the tool overlay, just the mask overlay. 'Show Tool Overlay' only should also show you the edits as you make them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a red color when you apply the radial gradient? If so, you have 'Show Mask Overlay' turned on. That will show the mask is red, but as a result it will not show the edits. You can toggle the mask (and tool overlay) by pressing the 'O' key.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've probably still got the mask overlay showing when you make the adjustments. Press the "O" key to toggle the overlay off, then you'll see the effect as you make adjustments. There are 4 different states that the "O" key will cycle through (Show Tool Overlay, Show Mask Overlay, Show Tool & Mask Overlays, Hide Overlays)....you need one of the first 3 to draw the mask, then you need the last one to see the adjustments as you make them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to hide the tool overlay, just the mask overlay. 'Show Tool Overlay' only should also show you the edits as you make them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your quick and accurate response; your solution worked perfectly! I never would have guessed to search for that solution, much of all this editing program is very new to me.

Thanks again! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this helpful and accurate response. It worked perfectly and has allowed me to improve one of my photos enough to now be acceptable. Great work, and many thanks! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines