• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW pics get converted to JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I mport RAW pics from iPhone library to Lightroom mobile they automatically convert to JPEG! I didn't have this issue before and don't know how to fix it. 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll help you figure this out. In the Photos screenshot, the image is stored in iCloud as well. That could cause only a JPEG to be sent to Lightroom as the original is on iCloud.

Lightroom is non-destructive by design, it would not in any way change the original like this. Does this happen with all images? Try importing images in Lightroom before uploading to iCloud & share sample TIFF images with us if the issue exists.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3FDF3192-FFDA-46BE-A144-F10E8F6EF714.jpeg

Thank you for you reply!

That happens only with RAW/TIFF images all other ones are good. I tried many time to import photos directly from Google photos to my Lightroom and it's the same. 
I attached a sample of a TIFF image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to iCloud, Google only keeps the JPEG of the image on the device.

Try opening a RAW/TIFF image in Google Photos > Three dots at top right > Download & then use the Share button to Import into Lightroom mobile. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it before, and it's the same 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Alina283502540l8s when did this change for you? With an device/iOS update or with an app update?

Have you changed any Photos settings?
Are you shooting Raw+JPG on that camera?
Is it possible for you to import the raw file without the Photos app, like e.g. importing from Camera Device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiow are you importing into Lightroom? You should use the import from photoroll button in Lightroom itself, not the share button in Photos. The share button will always convert to jpeg. You can also directly import into Lightroom from whatever you can access in the files app. So if you save the raw from google photos to your files app. Hit the import button in Lightroom and select files and choose any raw file there. The files can be on any cloud service or even stored locally on your device in the files app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines